Hybrid View

XM Radio - CINEMAGIC - What's your favorite soundtrack or song?

I've had my XM for a few months now, but have recently been on a Cinemagic kick (XM channel 27).

I'll turn on the truck and they'll be in the middle of some soundtrack set that I can almost remember. It's like playing "Name That Tune" with myself.

But I got to thinking about my favorite themes and soundtracks. Those tracks that evoke good feelings or great memories. The finale of Close Encounters always does it for me. It's a great sweeping beautiful piece that stands on it's own as a remarkable composition without the film behind it. Some others I've heard recently that are nearly as memorable are the theme from Superman, the love theme from Attack of the Clones, and the final credit music from Ocean's Eleven. There are so many great cuts from so many movies that it's hard to remember them all. Even if the films aren't so great, somehow the soundtracks remain timeless and inspirational.

That's good to know! I just got the XM equipment for Christmas but haven't hooked it up/subscribed yet! I'm always on the road with my job and it will be nice to have something like this instead of always lugging around a bunch of dics or tapes, that ususally end up on the floor and get ruined...especially during winter!
    I'm wondering how the actual reception/coverage is. Have you noticed any technical problems/interuptions of any kind? For example)Satellite TV sucks 'cause if you have bad weather for get about getting a signal! Also did you notice any effects when we had all that trouble a couple months ago with those sunspots/solarflares? Maybe nothing so dramatic but any general relay/transmission problems?
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    That's good to know! I just got the XM equipment for Christmas but haven't hooked it up/subscribed yet! I'm always on the road with my job and it will be nice to have something like this instead of always lugging around a bunch of dics or tapes, that ususally end up on the floor and get ruined...especially during winter!
    I'm wondering how the actual reception/coverage is. Have you noticed any technical problems/interuptions of any kind? For example)Satellite TV sucks 'cause if you have bad weather for get about getting a signal! Also did you notice any effects when we had all that trouble a couple months ago with those sunspots/solarflares? Maybe nothing so dramatic but any general relay/transmission problems?

No, I really haven't noticed any significant dropouts or anything, but then again, the weather in my part of the world is pretty consistent. No major thunderstorms or anything of the sort. All in all, it's pretty stable.