Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing pieces

Missing pieces

I was putting together my AT-TE yesterday and was short shipped 4 pieces. They were the darker blue squares that have 4 things on the top, that go on the back of the legs. I made due with out doubling up like the book said to, but it is kind of annoying that they shorted me 4 pieces. Has this ever happened to anyone else? And if so, what doyou do? Will Lego ship you the pieces you need?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

From what I understand, Lego will ship you the missing peices. There should be a number in the booklet, you might call there first to find out how you get the exact pieces you need. I have never come across any Lego set that has missing pieces, in fact most sets have an extra piece or two or five.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I had a few extra pieces left over, but none were the ones I needed. I will look in the book and let you know if they do ship those pieces to me.

Edit: I just went tothere website and they had a section for missing pieces under customer service. They will ship me the four missing pieces.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 02-12-2004 at 09:50 AM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Hey, if that doesn't work, try calling the number 1-800-453-4652. I got it off of my Shop at home catalog. The friendly operator at the other end might be able to guide you in the right direction. They have always been very nice answering my questions.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Thanks, but I got it on there website.

I don't remember ever getting a set that came with missing pieces. So I think it is very unusually. But my dog has helped her self to some plastic on a couple of occasions. And Lego has always been really nice about replacing these parts.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

[font=Verdana]Interesting. My AT-TE was short 2 pieces. It is the only Lego items I've purchased to be missing pieces. Fortunately they were for the forward stabilizing leg of the speeder that fits in it, so it's not too big of a loss for me.[/font]
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    I don't remember ever getting a set that came with missing pieces. So I think it is very unusually. But my dog has helped her self to some plastic on a couple of occasions. And Lego has always been really nice about replacing these parts.

A little advice......lock yourself in a room by yopurself when putting these together. . I do that so my dog and kids cant rummage through the pieces.

One night while I was putting the Hailfire together. My wife informed me that we had no more ciggarettes. I snatched the two cats and locked them in the bathroom, grabbed the dogs leash and tok him with us to7-11. No way were they being left alone with all those little pieces. And I wasn't about to sift their "left behinds" for em either.

Hmm, that's very rare, and especially when it's all 4 of the SAME piece, that seems too odd. I vaguely remember a part much earlier in the build that I thought would be somewhat easy to mistake for a different part like this too, you may want to go over your AT-TE and compare it page by page to the instructions. I've done that on more than one occasion and found the missing elements.

Best of luck!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would do that JT but Lego is sending me the pieces. No reason totake it apart(some parts anyway) and go over it again. I made due as the pieces that were missing were just to hold two others in place. When Ireceive them from Lego, it is a "snap" to put on. (Pun intended)