Strange packaging anomaly!

The other day I bought the new Jabba the Hutt and noticed on the back there were several figures listed, among them Boba Fett (The Pit of Carkoon). I thought this was a bit odd so I took a closer look. Sure enough, while all the other figures listed were 04 series (04/08, 04/09, 04/10, etc) the Fett was listed as 03 it was the only figure listed from 03! More to the point, it was the only figure not in sequence (ie 04/07, 04/08, 04/09, 04/10, etc)!

I wonder why Hasbro did this. The figure is no longer shipping...for the most part, so why frustrate new collectors who will not be able to find this in the stores?

My only conclusion can be that Hasbro wanted to group "Return of the Jedi" figures together to make the package more attractive, either than or Hasbro thinks that pictures of Boba Fett are lucky...LOL

In any event, I thought it was strange.
    May the force be with you.

Sounds like they were possibly trying to group ROTJ Tatooine figures together. What were the other figures featured on the cardback? If they were from that new Lando Skiff assortment, then that theory would make sense.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

If you look on the back of the first series of "Ultra" figures you will notice that they are grouping other figures that will go along with the deluxe figure in the package. I think the 3PO had the Tusken Raider on it that is also no longer shipping, and wasn't when the 3PO was first shipping. BUT, since Hasbro has come about with their un-numbered packages now (the Hall of Fame figures) it is conceivable that these "older" figures will find there ways back onto shelves and not find themselves as part of the numbered release. There are 12 "Hall of Fame" figures which have all been released before, some on POTJ cards including the super-poseable stormtrooper... and none are marked '04 or numbered otherwise.
    Last edited by skeeziks22; 02-12-2004 at 04:12 PM.
    Skeeziks22

Quote Originally Posted by skeeziks22
    If you look on the back of the first series of "Ultra" figures you will notice that they are grouping other figures that will go along with the deluxe figure in the package. I think the 3PO had the Tusken Raider on it that is also no longer shipping, and wasn't when the 3PO was shipping. BUT since Hasbro has come about with there un-numbered packages now (the Hall of Fame figures) it is conceivable that these "older" figures will find there ways back onto shelves and not find themselves as part of the numbered release. There are 12 "Hall of Fame" figures which have all been released before, some on POTJ cards including the super-poseable stormtrooper... and none are marked '04 or numbered otherwise.
    Excellent point. I forgot the backs of those Ultra figures.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion