Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Photos of Star Wars Characters (8x10s)

Hey everyone! Does anyone know of a place that has 8x10's of Star Wars characters, or will I be better off making them myself. I'm looking to start "beefing" up my autograph collection, and figured 8x10's was the way to go. I currently havae a few figures signed, but they aren't easy to store/display, and adding anymore will take up too much space. I figured with 8x10's I can keep them in a book, or even frame a couple. Anybody have some ideas?
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett07728
    Hey everyone! Does anyone know of a place that has 8x10's of Star Wars characters, or will I be better off making them myself. I'm looking to start "beefing" up my autograph collection, and figured 8x10's was the way to go. I currently havae a few figures signed, but they aren't easy to store/display, and adding anymore will take up too much space. I figured with 8x10's I can keep them in a book, or even frame a couple. Anybody have some ideas?
    Hey, I have about 15 different autographs, all but 1 of them I bought at the conventions where SW celebrities are signing them. They usually have an assortment of pictures on the table. I find this better than buying a picture of Mark Hamill, who I have yet to see at a convention, and never getting that signature. When I got Carrie Fishers autograph, I was going to get a picture of her in the ROTJ bikini, but when I got to the table, I found a picture of her in her white Bepsin clothes, and a Stormtrooper standing gaurd. I was wearing my trooper armor, and she signed "For Barry" with an arrow pointing toward me, the "Carrie Fisher" with an arrow pointing toward her. The only autograph I got without meeting the man in person was James Earl Jones, but I sent him a birthday card last year, and he mailed me an autographed picture (of his face, not anything SW) which was fine by me.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Thanks. I do remember when I got my figures signed, they had a decent assortment of photos available. I remember Jeremy Bulloch had a sweet picture of him in his Imperial Officer uniform. I was planning on sending a few photos out to get signed, and would need a photo before hand. I've been to a couple of the actor's websites (Peter Mayhew, for example), and they say they'll sign your item (for a fee), now I just need to get a couple pics.

Thanks again!

I have seen actors photos in the 8 X 10 format on eBay from time to time. I also have a bunch of 8 X 10's from my membvership kit in the old Star Wars fan club. The cool thing I like is I got a bunch of my Autographs at CII, and they have marked on the Star Wars Celebration II, so I can remember where I got them signed. I find it much more exciting getting to meet the actors in person. I even got to chat with Dave Prowse for a few minutes at the Wizard World here in Chicago a couple years back. You could also get some autographs on eBay, but buyer beware in those auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I find it much more exciting getting to meet the actors in person.
    I agree with you 100%. But there are few options for meeting the Star Wars actors around me. I picked up a few at Wizard World Philly, and I'm looking forward to meeting some at Celebration III. I'm simply trying to limit my "line-waiting" at Celebration by using a few of the actor's on-line options.

I would never buy an autograph from ebay. Its not that I don't trust the sellers, but forgeries are rampant (check out Anthony Daniels site for some good info.) Plus, I appreciate the signature more if it was done "for me", like at a convention. It's a little cheesy, but it means more.

You're in luck bobafett07728, I happen to be an expert on 8x10s. I great place to get them is Allposters.com. They have great prices on Star Wars posters and 8x10s. They cost around $4.99 which is about what your would pay for them at a con.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Well, well, well, what a GLORIOUS thread as I am a HUGE collector of Star Wars autographs.

I have many in persons which I bought and many through the mail with a boatload of more attempts which I just sent out in the past few weeks.

Hey, you want to buy some 8x10s ?

Go to

www.photoclassics.com and just enter Star Wars. You'll fine a great assortment.

I bought 8 pics from there last week and I'm VERY pleased. 7 color pics for $4.50 each.

Also, I bought a b&w of Boba Fett with the Carbonite and Bespin Guards - that one was $3.

They have so many cool pics, I had to really refine my wish list.

Good luck, let me know if you need any help with some addresses.

Here are a few scans, if interested.

First is a pic of Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa - I sent a letter and SASE requesting a pic from Star Wars and this is what I got. It is an 8x10, I just scanned it small.

Second is a pic of Frank Oz - I sent a letter and SASE and got this pic from him.

Third is a card which I sent to Frank Oz a few months later. I actually sent 2 and got both back: one from AOTC and this vintage card from ESB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autosmits.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	7665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autooz.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	7666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autoyoda2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	7667  

Pretty sweet Caesar, where do you get the addresses from?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I know when I sent James Earl Jones a birthday card, I got the address from an announcement here on SSG. He was kind enough to send me his autograph.