Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Las Vegas, NV. Findings-

Sorry to jump in - just found the forum.
    I'll be moving to Henderson from chilly Pittsburgh in about two weeks.
    I'm not real huge on the new stuff, maybe the 3-packs but not much more.
    Couple of questions -
    Are there any MediaPlays out your way?
    Are there any reasonable collectible shops out there? (That $13.95 for
    a POTJ Bespin Guard is a little steep for my blood. )
    I'm more of an eBay junkie and parts scavenger, but every once in a blue
    moon I go looking for new stuff, and I'll only buy if something catches
    my eye.
    Any help you guys can give is appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Pat
    (formerly PartsGuy (tm) of rec.toys.action-figures)

There are no Media Plays here, unfortunately. I just moved here in October, so I haven't really explored much as far as collectible shops go. I just found that one because it is in the same plaza as my realtor and the grocery store. But, after doing a quick search on yahoo yellow pages, there seem to be plenty of comic book stores and collectible shops.

I haven't found a flea market in town yet. I used to get some good stuff from the flea markets.

Welcome to Nevada.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

The Walmart on Craig and Las Vegas Blvd in North Las Vegas had the Deluxe Ewok with Glider this morning.

Cool. Thanks Rogue II! I saw them at Centennial/U.S. 95 Wal-Mart also this past weekend. They look pretty cool. I may pick one up and use it for a diorama.

It's about time that Wal-Mart over on Craig/Las Vegas Blvd. got some new stuff! Anyone know where to find the new Bossk/Dengar?!

I actually found Dengar and Ozzel at the K-mart near Nellis and Charleston about a week or so ago. Sorry I forgot to post it.

I found the Ozzel and General Madine waves at Wal-mart on Lake Mead & Boulder Hwy. in Henderson a week ago. I'm also sorry I didn't report it due to busy work hours that I've been putting in lately.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I got Antilles and Bossk today at the Toys R Us by the Meadows Mall. They also had Dodonna, Dengar, Gold Leader, Hoth Luke, R2-D2 Bartender, and the TIE Pilot. There were a few of the new X-Wings (if you really want to buy that piece of poop.) There were plenty on the pegs, plus another case of them above the pegs.

WOO HOO! Made it!!!

I promise not to clean the pegs, y'all. But I *will* let you know if I spot anything remotely new.

But then, in Pennsylvania, there's NADA on the pegs, so to me, just
    about everything is new. LOL

Stopped at the Wal-Mart on Eastern and one out near Gibson this morning.
    Made a deal with the fiancee that if she got to buy housewares, I get to look at toys. Scoping out the racks here is like Christmas in July! Like I said previously, I like to look, not necessarily buy. But I was tempted to grab a Dodonna and - doggone it, whatsisname, not Rappertunie but the other Jabba
    creature... along with the Jedi trainee sets that disappeared as soon as they hit the shelves in Pennsylvania.

You guys have it good! If I can find an Achmed-Bek or a Danyl Faytonni I'll be in heaven... Until then, I'll just report what I don't already see listed.
    Cool?

Peace,
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel
    You guys have it good! If I can find an Achmed-Bek or a Danyl Faytonni I'll be in heaven... Until then, I'll just report what I don't already see listed.
    Cool?

Peace,
    Pat
    I've got both...want 'em? I'm cutting back on my collecting a bunch - really only keeping/purchasing those items which I really want. Let me know if you'd like to trade for/buy them...

Ron in NW Las Vegas

Talking Re: Las Vegas, NV. Findings-

Hey Vegas gang...I was at Centennial Hills Wal-Mart last night. Bunch of new figs on the pegs:

Lando (Jabba's Sail Barge) - 1 left, card slightly bent
    Rappertunie - 1 or 2 left
    Tanus Spijek - 1 left, card bent
    Holographic Luke - was only one - I got it!
    General Dodonna - plenty
    Gold Leader (Dutch Vander) - probably 3 or 4
    Captain Antilles - 3 or 4
    Admiral Ozzel - 2 or 3 left
    Tie Fighter - 3 or 4 left
    Bossk - was only 1, I got it

also PLENTY of Aayla Secura, Bariss Ofee, Yoda/Chian, Ashla/Jempa, and Ewoks w/glider. I only picked up Holo Luke, Lando, and Bossk. As I said, I'm really only going for my favorites now, a couple of figs per wave. Some of the new figs, I have to admit, have some pretty crappy paint jobs. Also, I was at Kay-bee at Meadows Mall during the day, and there wasn't much new stuff ('cept for the first EP2 Yoda on the new saga card for $ 7.99, while all the rest of the figs were $2.99!), but they did have the Attack of the Clones cinema scene 3-packs marked down to $ 7.99 (while TRU next door is still priced at $20...morons!). I STILL NEED DENGAR THOUGH DAMMIT!

Happy Hunting!