Well, I suppose if your going to debunk the clone theory then the Sidious was a Jedi theory has to be debunked as well. Basically there would be no way Sidious could keep a schedule of a politician AND be a Jedi as well, as well as plotting to take over the galaxy. Too much for one man, even the Sith Lord himself. Two of the three yes, but not formerly being a Jedi.

So I'll bring up another old argument then...

Sidious and Palpatine are NOT the same person....ha ha, I wanna see the argumnet that spring from this one again...

Okay here's at least a theory as to why the Jedi cannot feel the presence of Sidious.

Just as Yoda used Dagobah and more specifically the darkside cave to mask his Light side presence, Sidious did the same. What I mean is that, as he grew stronger in the darkside, the only way to mask his darkside presence was to be around enough lightside presence that would in effect cancel it out. Only as things started to unfold were the Jedi finally able to even realize the darkside was around them. Once we see in EPIII the clones turning on the Jedi and slaughtering them, Sidious will not have the "protective bubble of Lightside energy that has been masking him, to hide behind and finally he will be revealed for his true self. This is why Mace confronts Palpatine/Sidious and consequently is destroyed (whether or not to keep the secret a little longer isn't even relevent at this point because Sidious has finally acheived his goal of becoming Emperor.

Okay what do you guys think of that....
-Sal