Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Explain your name...

A companion piece to 'Explain your signature line" where we make others less confused about the obscure references attributed to our UserNames. I'll start.

My name comes from the movie L.A. Confidential. There is a scene where Sgt. Ed Exely (Guy Pearce) is telling Sgt. Jack Vincennes (Kevin Spacey) about the thug who killed his police hero father in the line of duty. They never caught the guy that did it, so Exely made up the name Rollo Tomassi "to give the guy a personality." The name actually becomes integral in catching the villians of the movie later on. I like that movie (I thought it should have won Best Picture that year instead of Titanic) and I like the way Rollo Tomassi rolls off the tongue. Apparently somebody else liked the name, too, because when we started the new forums SOME CRACKER stole my name and I had to go by another for awhile. But that's another story...

Well, my name comes from a WestEnd Games Star Wars RPG character I played last year, Umplom Toe. He was a Klatooinian Pit Fighter, which was a class my GM and I wrote together, who had some very powerful Force potential. Very fun character who got into a fist fight with a Jedi and won in one punch!

"big" because he was over 7 feet tall and strong as a ox (14D!!)

"barada" because I've never liked the Klatooinian name to describe Baradas. I still think it's a EU mistake that has just become accepted by the fans.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Mine is fairly easy. My wife suggested the name JediCole for my eBay screenname (all lowercase on eBay). My name is Cole and the JediCole name really grew on me.
    Incidnetally, after briefly adopting the Star Park avatar of Labria (who I used to call "Grinnin' Devil Boy), I picked my current one due to the fact that it looked like me, if I was on an episode of South Park! I couldn't belive it!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

JediCole meet Ewan, Ewan meet jediCole....... nicely done methinks...

I've explained this before but since there's so many new people here now I'll start over so they don't think I'm stealing and mis-spelling an Episode two character's name...

( Jargo is short for 'Jargon man' )

A couple of years ago I was in a play and the character I played was Jargo. Who was a slightly drug addled retard-ish kid who lived in his own topsy turvy world which sort of straddled the real world and the world of fiction, and talked in his own language of made up words and phrases. he thought the Planet of the apes was real and thought he could outwit the police with jedi mind tricks. He was a tragi-comedic character and the highlight was a scene in which the devil possesed his soul and talked absolute existential crap for five minutes. A total show stealer for yours truly...... I guess you had to be there eh...?

Having taken Jargo to heart with great affection I adopted his name as a sort of nickname, as everyone around town was refering to me as Jargo anyway. So that's how the cat got his name folks. Now wrap up warm and bog off so I can get me some sleep. Darned pesky kids....!!!!!!

Re: Explain your name...

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Apparently somebody else liked the name, too, because when we started the new forums SOME CRACKER stole my name and I had to go by another for awhile. But that's another story...
    As a full-blooded cracker I take offense to that, RT!

No seriously folks, my name is not one I take likely. I made an amalgam from the movie "The Manchurian Candidate" and Boba Fett who wears Mandalorian armor. I've probably explained this little tidbit umpteen different times, so once more won't hurt. I was Mandalorian Candidate waaaaaay back when before the dark times and we had to start off as Moisture Farmers. Since the forum change before last, the letter limit was set at 20, so I got my 'e' cut off. Now only John Wayne Bobbit can sympathize with me.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Why didn't you just get rid of the space between Mandalorian and Candidate and keep your precious "e"?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Cool name origins,

As for mine....hmmm, lemme think. I kinda forgot where I got it.

But seriously, I liked the Charecter of Jar Jar, sure he's a lil goofy, a lil akward and not to mention clumsy. But still he's a good charecter, and I see Lucas doing an impressive story arc with the charecter. Perhaps sacrificing himself in E3 to his former best friend Anakin, now Darth Vader. So that Padme and the twins can escape his clutches.

Plus its a also taking a stand against all those people that hate poor Jar Jar, shame on all of you. If he turns out to be a much better charecter in E2 and E3, I will knowingly nod my head and say... "Meesa told youssa so."

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks (The One, The Only, The Original)
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I read it on the back of a milk carton and I liked it, so here it is.

Wolfwood is the gun-toting priest in the Japanese anime show Trigun. 319 has no relevance.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."