Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Kubrick "like" figures

    I was wondering if anyone had any info on these box sets. Are they made by medicom or are they a different company?
    "It can't rain all the time."

    "Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

  2. #2

    Well, it's kind complicated.

    Medicom actuall put out some Star Wars Kubricks.

    Early Bird box set mock up
    Luke Tatooine 12 back style carded (Limited Edition)
    Boba Fett 21 back style carded (Limited Edition)
    Wave 1 (The Bounty Hunters)
    Wave 2 (Han, Sandtrooper, etc)

    Then there were the early "Kubrick like" figures which were neither officially licensed, nor official Medicom products. I have seen these things up close and they don't even compare to the Medicom Kubricks in terms of detail and quality.

    I haven't been able to determine who exactly put these out, but they don't appear to be on par with Medicom in terms of quality, so I would have to say they were produced by soem other Japanese copany.

    Unfortunatly, these "Kubrick like" sets came with some really cool figures (Han and Luke in Stormtrooper outfits...Darth Vader with removable helmet, etc.). Now that Medicom has the green light to produce, I am praying that they will do these figures!
    May the force be with you.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the help.
    "It can't rain all the time."

    "Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

  4. #4
    I won on eBay what I thought was a Kubrick biker scout with speeder bike, in a metal tin, and a Bobafett. I noticed that the heads pop off way to easy, so they both stay in the tins. I got the bounty hunter series by Kubrick, and I have to say the quality is much better, much more detailed.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

  5. #5
    Cool. See I actually thought that the Biker Scout was from Medicom, thanks. I will stay away from that one.
    "It can't rain all the time."

    "Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

  6. #6
    I will try to post some pictures maybe tomorrow along with the real Kubricks. I know the Kubrick "like" Bobafett I have a very hard time keeping his head on. I almost glued it in place. I don't think the Biker Scout is all that bad, but t depends on how much you are going to pay for it. Photos later.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I will try to post some pictures maybe tomorrow along with the real Kubricks. I know the Kubrick "like" Bobafett I have a very hard time keeping his head on. I almost glued it in place. I don't think the Biker Scout is all that bad, but t depends on how much you are going to pay for it. Photos later.
    I got the wave 2 one recently with Han, Obi, Tusken, etc... I am now hooked and will hunt down the others in the other waves.

  8. #8
    Go to this link, and see the Kubricks Vs. the "like" Kubricks that I own. You'll notice the difference in quality.

    http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.a...lbum_id=171196
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    Go to this link, and see the Kubricks Vs. the "like" Kubricks that I own. You'll notice the difference in quality.

    http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.a...lbum_id=171196
    Cheap piece of crap is right. Altho I do like the Bker Scout w/ Speeder. Those types of variants are cool as hell.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by [DSS]Pedr0
    Cheap piece of crap is right. Altho I do like the Bker Scout w/ Speeder. Those types of variants are cool as hell.
    I liked it too, until I saw how much more detailed the Kubrick figures are.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO