Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'm kind of curious why there is this misogynistic trend taking the form of killing of all the ladies myself.

Further, I would really miss Fred. Amy Acker in my mind has the title of Most Adorable Woman in the Universe, but I would still watch Angel in that worst of worst case scenarios in which that oh so cute woman were no longer in the series.

I have a bad feeling that without Angel, we would be without any series in the Slayerverse. No Buffy, No Angel, no Faith. I could only hope in lieu of one of these series, Joss is able to resurrect Firefly, so he's doing something (that makes me happy at least) with his time otherwise.

Amy Acker in my mind has the title of Most Adorable Woman in the Universe,
    She certainly comes close! Definatly the hottest female on TV right now, IMHO.

have a bad feeling that without Angel, we would be without any series in the Slayerverse. No Buffy, No Angel, no Faith.
    It's funny that you said that. The other night while Angel and Spike were talking about Wolfram and Hart having offices all over, I told my wife "It would be great if they gave Spike his own series set in New York, maybe bring in Willow and Oz."

Who knows?

As for Fred's future?!?! I don't think WB will really kill off the character, and if they do??? Well, we can always hope UPN picks it up and brings the character back full time. It's not like death means a whole lot in the slayerverse. Let's see, just off the top of my head:

Buffy: Died twice
    Angel: Vamped, souled, de-souled, killed and spent time in a hell dimension, re-souled, de-souled, re-souled.
    Spike: Vamped, souled, died saving the world at the end of BTVS, re-appeared at Wolfram and Hart, finally re-materialized (was rumored to only be around for 3 or so episodes) is now a full timer.
    Darla: Vamper, slayed, brought back, terminal illness, re-vamper, had a baby and slayed herself!
    Lorn: Didn't actuall die, but he was decapitated and survived.

Umm, OK I'm out of time...
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    She certainly comes close! Definatly the hottest female on TV right now, IMHO.
    For me hot and cute aren't on the same scale. A woman can be a ten on a 1-10 scale of hot, and be easily beaten out by a woman who is a ten on a similar scale for cute. I'm sure most other people have a continuum where it starts with fugly (and I think we all know what fugly means), goes up to hot and has cute somewhere in the middle. It just doesn't work for me. But I'm glad you agree.

It's funny that you said that. The other night while Angel and Spike were talking about Wolfram and Hart having offices all over, I told my wife "It would be great if they gave Spike his own series set in New York, maybe bring in Willow and Oz."

Who knows?
    Here's hoping something will happen. Spike really has begun to shine in the last couple of years. I'm really impressed that he would go so far to try to earn Buffy's love. I personally like him and Buffy together more than Angel and Buffy. Though I wasn't overly fond of Season Six's take on making sex equal love, it kind of cheapened one of the two best relationships on the show (the other being Willow and Tara).

As for Fred's future?!?! I don't think WB will really kill off the character, and if they do??? Well, we can always hope UPN picks it up and brings the character back full time. It's not like death means a whole lot in the slayerverse. Let's see, just off the top of my head:

Buffy: Died twice
    Angel: Vamped, souled, de-souled, killed and spent time in a hell dimension, re-souled, de-souled, re-souled.
    Spike: Vamped, souled, died saving the world at the end of BTVS, re-appeared at Wolfram and Hart, finally re-materialized (was rumored to only be around for 3 or so episodes) is now a full timer.
    Darla: Vamper, slayed, brought back, terminal illness, re-vamper, had a baby and slayed herself!
    Lorn: Didn't actuall die, but he was decapitated and survived.
    All true. My fear though, would be if it were Amy's decision to kill off the character, because she was ready to move on or some such thing. That would make little more than the slightest possibility of her returning for anything more than a cameo episode.

I really hope Angel stays on, and I hope Fred stays. Much as I was impressed by what Spike would do for Buffy, I was insanely impressed when Wesley shot his "father" in less than an eyeblink after the man touched Fred. It was half way through his putting nine into the man he thought was his father that I decided he had earned the chance to make Fred happy.

That episode I just mentioned, by the way, was possibly the best Angel episode ever in my opinion, and it's coming this season tells me there is still more to be done with this series.
    Last edited by Phantom-like Menace; 02-27-2004 at 12:13 PM.

So is this in reference to what happened this week?
    I missed the ep after the submarine one, and I don't know if the last two weeks were connected. BUt my favorite scene, without spoiling, involved Lorne, Fred and Wesley.
    Your signature here!

There's only been one episode after the submarine one, "A Hole in the World," where Fred gets infected by what everyone assumes is a disease, but she's actually being possessed by a demon, Illyria. At the end of the episode, Fred dies, but Illyria, a powerful demon that actually is far older than humanity, is in full control of Fred's body. This week's episode, "Shells," deals with the loss of Fred and the Angel gang trying to destroy Illyria. Here's the plot synopsis released by The WB: "Angel (David Boreanaz) and Spike (James Marsters) return from England defeated, knowing that the ancient demon Illyria has completely taken over Fred's (Amy Acker) body and soul. Upon learning that Knox (guest star Jonathan Woodward) and Gunn (J. August Richards) have each contributed to her demise, Wesley (Alexis Denisof) goes for revenge and Angel tries everything to restore Fred, including calling on an old friend from Sunnydale. Meanwhile, Illyria tries to locate an ancient temple where she believes she will find an army ready to help her destroy mankind."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

Good, so I didn't miss anything. My favorite scene was when Lorne read fred and she fell down the stairs spewing blood. So who is this 'friend from Sunnydale, willow??
    Your signature here!

Quote Originally Posted by darthzirock
    There's only been one episode after the submarine one, "A Hole in the World," where Fred gets infected by what everyone assumes is a disease, but she's actually being possessed by a demon, Illyria.
    Actually darthzirock there was an episode between those two titled "Smile Time" where Angel has to stop a children's show from stealing the lives of its viewers.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

E Online recently had a poll for several shows that had either been cancelled or were close to being cancelled. Everyone cast his or her vote for which one should be saved, and the idea was that the winning show would get extra help from E Online I.e. Kristin, the gossip columnist would write to important people at the network telling of the results. I don't remember all the shows, but among them was Enterprise, Tru Calling, and Angel. I'm not sure how much this is going to help the cause, but Angel won, and not only did it win, out of 400,000 votes, it got 85% of the vote.
    Last edited by Phantom-like Menace; 03-12-2004 at 07:09 PM.

Well, it seems UPN has passed on Angel.

However, the current rumor is that WB is reconsidering keeping Angel for another season.

May the force be with you.

Re: The WB has cancelled Angel

Okay, don't get me wrong, I like BTVS and Angel...however...they turned Angel into a muppet...a MUPPET! Sorry, but if you have to resort to turning your main into a muppet just to attract more viewers...its time to move on...

Again, I love both series, but more than once I saw them start what could have been GREAT storylines and totally trash them (the worst was the Buffy meets Count Dracula. Could have been a GREAT dark ongoing story, and they turned into a joke fest. Muppets to me have the same affect.)
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me