Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: The WB has cancelled Angel

My current signature inlcudes the air date for the next new episode: April 14.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I watched this weeks ep. And do you guys think this series can possibly end on an up note?? I'm starting to have doubts. ANd i though some of the dialouge this time was... how do you say CRAP!?!?!
    Your signature here!

And do you guys think this series can possibly end on an up note?? I'm starting to have doubts. ANd i though some of the dialouge this time was... how do you say CRAP!?!?!
    Hmm, the same thing happened with BTVS, the writers just don't care once a series is gonna be cancelled anyway. The final season of Buffy was pretty bad. I'm glad Angel hasn't sunk that low...yet.
    May the force be with you.

I agree. The last season of buffy was not the best, But I think it could have been a lot better given more time. There were far too many characters and archs were 'wrapped' up too quickly. I hate seeing it happen all over again.
    I disagree about the writers not caring. If it was the end you think they would want to go out with a bang. I think the dialouge is a byproduct of having to wrap everything up so quickly... Why start conversations and topics you will never have a chance to revisit?!?
    Your signature here!

Why start conversations and topics you will never have a chance to revisit?!?
    But see, that's exactly why I say the writers don't care. They don't want to start anything new because they just want to wrap it up.

Life dosen't work that way. So what if you introduce a new subject or character that can't be developed later on, that's no reason to stop the natural progression of things. Leave it open.

OK, tonights episode totally rocked!

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    OK, tonights episode totally rocked!
    Much better than last weeks.

I liked the return of ***spoiler****....

Do any of you actually care if we post spoilers here? Theres like six of us!
    Your signature here!

Hehehe, post away!

I liked the way Connor said "I learned that from my Father." at the end. You gotta know he was talking about Angel.

Also, what was the deal with Gunn? My wife says he's hiding out so that he dosen't have to atone for his "sin".

LOL Alyeria(sp?) wants to keep Spike as a pet! LOL

Hehehe, I wouldn't mind! LOL

Well ok then.
    I actualy liked Alyeria in this ep, dont know why.
    Well I assumed he was talking about Angel Because he said " My DAD gets out today." when three minutes later as hes walking away he says "I learned that from my FATHER."
    And i seem to liking Gunn less and less as things wind down. And I was never a big fan of Wes but he's a good character for a couple reasons.. However crazy he may be.

Spike as a pet.. . Yep. I'd buy one, maybe TWO.
    Your signature here!

I'm fairly certain Hamilton's offer was going to allow Gunn a nice life somewhere as a Wolfram and Hart flunky. It was Gunn's wanting to atone for his mistakes that drove him to not even want to hear it. "Come on Sparky, this heart's not going to cut itself out." This guy isn't hiding from anything. He's accepted the fact that for the time being, this is his punishment. Of course, I liked Gunn in this episode, mostly because he's realized great mistakes come with great consequences, and he'll face them as a true penitent.

I loved when Connor said he kind of has a thing for older women, and Angel complains that they were supposed to fix that. Wow, for the first time, Connor is not a total punk. He was actually really cool.

Spike and Ilyria were enormously funny. I really liked when Spike shoves the doors open to go after Ilyria after she throws him out, Angel and Connor enter the room, and she already has him on the floor, stepping on his head. The line about keeping Spike as a pet was funny, and I think I'm happy that Angel didn't even acknowledge the line with a comment. Funny, you would not hear too many complaints about being her pet from me either, aside from the fact she's not Fred.

Four more. Four more, and then we have to wait until they start putting out these TV movies they're talking about. I guess we have to wait until at least the fall.