Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Re: The WB has cancelled Angel

Quote Originally Posted by THE Slayer
    I thought that playboy thing was awhile ago??
    June 2004 issue. I'd post pics but....uhm....well...you know.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    June 2004 issue. I'd post pics but....uhm....well...you know.
    What! Why can't you post pics!!!!

:Iloveitwhenimakemyselflaugh:
    Your signature here!

Angel is dead....

Long live ANGEL!

Oh well, the ending of an era!

Perfect ending! IMO
    May the force be with you.

I thought it was both good and bad. I got a little teary when Wes bit it and Illyria became Fred for him. I kinda called it a week or so back when they were selling the "one of them won't make it" thing. The cliff-hanger ending leaves the story wide open for continuation in the reported Buffy/Angel teleflicks and just the "not in a pretty little bow" sort of thing.

Bravo... and thank God for the DVDs!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

"Personally, I wanna' slay the dragon." What a way to end the series! What a perfect line for a hero.

This was one of those episodes in which nothing was done incorrectly in my opinion, fitting given its being the last episode of a series I am going to miss terribly. Just as JEDIpartnr mentioned above, I figured Wesley's days were numbered, and Illyria's reaction to the whole thing nicely said goodbye to those two characters. Gunn was cool for his part, took out those vamps nice and hard. They liked Spike's poem! Too terrific. He's waited more than one hundred years for that. And I didn't remotely see it coming when Lorne shot Lindsay, but I really liked watching Lindsay's anger that it was supposed to be Angel, not a "flunkie." The new Connor proved again to be a welcome guest, and even Harmony's exit was memorable.

My roommate told me I would get angry when the WB thanked the fans at the end (unfortunately my two jobs meant I had to record it and watch it this morning), and I figured I wouldn't mind it too much. He was right. I didn't hear more than two notes of that insincere sounding song and I was turning off the VCR in anger.

I was reading on-line though, and there was the standard talk of some form of sequel series, and I saw an idea I (surprisingly) never thought of. By day she's mild-mannered hottie physicist Winnifred Burkle, but by night, she assumes her true form of Illyria: Rogue Demon Hunter. Well, the person just mentioned it would be cool to have an Illyria series, and I did the rest. But I can see Joss Whedon totally doing the super hero thing far more than ever done on Buffy, plus in a nod to Superman, she'll always wear the glasses when she is Fred. It would very much be a win for me.

Anyway, this is about Angel, and I can't say enough that this was too early. Screw the WB. Screw Fox. Screw the basic environment of television today. And as a wise man said just two posts ago: Long live ANGEL!
    Last edited by Phantom-like Menace; 05-20-2004 at 03:28 PM.

I got to watch it tonight. Overall I liked it, but I think Buffy had more 'closure'. I can difinetly see how this could lead into a movie.

Now I know its a little cliche but... WolfRAM & Hart Unleashed an Apocolypse, and there were only four people there to find them, one having only '10 minutes left'. I wish the camera would have panned upover the rooftop to show Super witch Willow ready to unleash some hell of her own, along with Faith (since Buffy is never coming back) Maybe Xander, and some of the slayettes all poised for battle.. Yes I know, thats not Angel. But it would have satisfied something deep inside me. And Maybe, just maybe Willow can give Illyria back some more of her smack. "I wish for more violence."
    Your signature here!

Well I just got around to watching the series finale. Man was this good, I want more. A fitting ending I suppose, Wesley's death was well done and I'll admit I got choked up a bit too. Lindsay's death was a complete surprise and I loved how Spike got all amped up for his poetry reading. Great stuff!

This show will be missed!
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

For those who missed it, or those who simply wish to see it again, the WB is re-airing "Not Fade Away" (the season/series finale) again tonight at 8pm pst.

Long live ANGEL!
    Last edited by Hellboy; 05-25-2004 at 05:48 PM.

Great... there goes another great show! At least Buffy had a good run. What the heck am I supposed to watch now???