Question about Master Replica Luke F/X Lightsaber

I suspect mine has some problems.

When you switched it off, does the blade dimmed out slowly (like the Anakin's saber), or does it blacked out immediately?

The one I messed with at the Sharper Image switched off immediately.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Question about Master Replica Luke F/X Lightsaber

Mine does the same thing with no light on the tip either. It's not like the Vader FX that slowly powers down and has a light on the tip. But it still rocks! We all know the Empire had superior technology anyway. Even though they couldn't hit the broad side of a Bantha!

The reason there's no light on the tip and it doesn't cascade open or closed is because the Vader one uses LEDs for its light while the Luke one uses EL paper. That doesn't explain why it doesn't flicker out like the Ani one (which also uses EL paper) does though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are they going to make the new mace and luke fx with the LED? The luke rotj is nice but the vaders way better. Why are they different if they came out at the same time. You think they would make them the same. Any ideas reason why their different?

I believe MR had troubles with the red EL paper, and Vader's saber was actually held back from an earlier release date.

As for what the future holds, I do not know, but I suspect we won't see LEDs for a purple or blue blade since I don't think there are purple LEDs and blue ones are more expensive than reds.