Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 12"-scale helmets from Gentle Giant!

This just showed up in the SSG toy fair coverage from Gentle Giant, they're 1/6th-scale helmets that look really awesome: GG Armory Vault coverage
    SirSteve says they can fit on the 12" figures. They look good enough that I'm very tempted just on the "collectible" level and even more curious how they'd look on the Hasbro 12" figs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Those are pretty damn cool. Remind me of Riddel's line of Mini-Helmets. I thought those rocked, and it was a shame that they ended. I wonder how much these babies are going to run. Cause they look sweet. Especially the AT-AT Commader one. And the AT-AT Driver and TIE Pilot with the hoses and chest boxes, drool. Man, they all look great. I hope they deliver them for a decent price point.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-14-2004 at 12:07 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm very excited about the up coming line(s) from Gentle Giant! Good stuf in the pictures from the toy fair coverage.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    This just showed up in the SSG toy fair coverage from Gentle Giant, they're 1/6th-scale helmets that look really awesome: GG Armory Vault coverage
    SirSteve says they can fit on the 12" figures. They look good enough that I'm very tempted just on the "collectible" level and even more curious how they'd look on the Hasbro 12" figs.
    If these are anything like the LoTR ones, then they might be like the busts and permanently mounted to the base. The price point on those were like $35-$45 I believe. However, since I haven't seent hem in person, maybe they can detach from the base.

gosh i sure hope these will fit on 1/6th scale action figures. but JT, keep in mind, most of hasbro's 12 inch figure heads are in 1/5 or 1/4 scale.

hopefully gentle giant has made these to fit on a properly scalled head like those made by dragon or bbi.......or heck, even hasbro's 12 inch GI Joe line, which has properly sized heads.

i didn't see a rebel trooper helmet. that would be really cool.

man, i hope these fit, as i'd love to replace that awful hasbro death star trooper helmet with a gentle giant version!

They do run about that price-point Pedr0, but these are supposed to be hollow and removable (I double-checked with Steve after posting this thread). The price point is high for a 12" figure, but not bad if they're as quality as the Riddell ones (which were much larger, like 1/2 or 1/3rd scale). They look very promising, I'd definitely get them if they were released slowly, like 3 or 4 every quarter.

Steve said he'll have photos of actual pieces some time during the Toy Fair coverage, maybe even today. Can you imagine how awesome 14" Vader with that helmet would look, or the Stormtrooper with that helmet?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    They do run about that price-point Pedr0, but these are supposed to be hollow and removable (I double-checked with Steve after posting this thread). The price point is high for a 12" figure, but not bad if they're as quality as the Riddell ones (which were much larger, like 1/2 or 1/3rd scale). They look very promising, I'd definitely get them if they were released slowly, like 3 or 4 every quarter.

Steve said he'll have photos of actual pieces some time during the Toy Fair coverage, maybe even today. Can you imagine how awesome 14" Vader with that helmet would look, or the Stormtrooper with that helmet?
    Excellent news then. Altho I will display them as "bust" style right next to my other collectibles. MR,Riddell,UNLEASHED,GG Busts,Koto,etc...

$35 is way too much for just a helmet. a whole mini-bust isn't much more. these should be no more than $15, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    $35 is way too much for just a helmet. a whole mini-bust isn't much more. these should be no more than $15, if that.
    I agree. $35 for just the helmet, when you could get a whole (well half) a figure
    for around $45 to $50. If that is indeed the case, I will have to pass on at least the helmets.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Well, Steve has added photos of the X-wing helmets, which comes generic & as Luke's. I'm not 100% on the pricepoint either, but I think that's what they are. The Riddell ones were $75 to $100. Maybe this is why the Riddell line died though, people don't wanna spend that much on these things.