Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pic's of of Boxed Red Leaders X-wing. It has to still be a mock up.

I say this, because there are 2 pilots in the package and the R5 droid is still a piece of card board. The Pilot looks like he doesn't have a removable helmet. What a crock! It better have a R5 in there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	317x600-okadasan2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	7570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300x600-okadasan.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	7571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	393x600-okadasan3.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	7572  
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

After seeing these pics, I'm somewhat disappointed...

If there is no R5 droid, I will not be getting it....

Ugh, this looks like the final version. I knew something looked weird about that astromech in previous pictures!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was thinking the same thing, JT. It just looks so odd with that flat R2 in there that I can't bring myself to say it's definitely the final product. Yes, I know Hasbro's involved but even they couldn't botch it up that badly, could they?

I was wondering if the "cardboard R2" was removable so you could at least swap out different R2 units like the red one from the Queen's starship.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Well I'll "have" to get one because it comes with a figure - but I'll be extremely disappointed if that piece of cardboard doesn't cover up a port that an R2 or R5 could fit into. The droid should be in the package - but it doesn't look like it. I would pay for a separate one on card to complete the piece if they put one out.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yep, kinda sad. I guess they figure a cardboard standin for the droid is better than kids seeing an empty hole. Btw the second pilot figure is a cardboard cutout, if you look at the sideview you can see it's flat (and theres no shading in top view).

For $30 though it might not be so bad... I picked up an extra Sail Barge R2 to plop in there anyways.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Looks like I still wont be buying an X-wing, pack in or not. It needs an R2 unit or some droid. Maybe, just maybe, when you remove the cardboard one will pop-up. Hopefully
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Im either going to get this or the OTC X-wing. I don't have a single X-wing in my collection. My Collection consists of Two "ships" being: a POTFII Vader's TIE Fighter and a Clone Wars Anakin's modified Jedi Starfighter
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

This package looks like junk, but I'll still get it. I need another X-wing for variety in my dioramas and setups. They should've done something like the green A-wing, with the pilot standing next to the ship. The cardboard pilot and droid are just dumb.

Oh well, I guess they're purposely trying to be dumb a little more before they start pulling their weight with the OTC line.

This is the biggest bunch of CRAP !!! HASBRO -- ARE YOU LISTENING TO ALL THESE POLLS YOU ARE SENDING US?!?!

The last X-wing they released was pretty good. We finally got the removable R2 Unit we wanted and even got an R2 Unit that wasn't that bad either -- not to mention the little accessories to put behind the seat.

Now, lets re-release this thing -- give everyone a crappy pilot with helmet head and dont give us a R2 unit that we have ALL been looking forward to since they screwed up R5-D4 in the POTF line (dont get me started on that one). We could have at least gotten something like R4-M9 -- but NOOOO -- we get CARDBOARD!!

Hasbro -- you guys are brilliant!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......