Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tanus copies J'Quille

If you've seen pictures of Tanus Spijek then you should know that the figure is identical to J'Quille's body with the exception of his face! After seeing the picture I wasn't sure what to think, but after opening the figure you really can appreciate this figure even though they try hard to disguise the obvious usage of J'Quille's body.

So let's start with the body, and it's surprises. First off the tint is much darker, a blackish grey, and to make the chest of the figure seem different two jutting bumps (they look like stomach brests) are placed under the figures brestline. The only other difference is that the body does not have J'quille's front pouch and belt line. Although this is the only difference there is a surprise, and you would not notice this surprise if you do not open your figures. Not only does Tanus have a long furry tail, but the entire backside of the fig has a SKUNK line starting from the tip of the tail to the top of the head. You may be able to see the white skunk trail from the top of the bubble, but I didn't notice it in the package. It was a real neat surprise.

Then there is the head of Tanus which looks awesome. He just reminds me of Steve the Sloth from Ice Age and although I chuckle at the figure for that reason I do take the detail and the incredible way that Hasbro has managed to make this figure look different from J'Quille. When standing them next to eachother they really do look different.

The only real downside to this figure is it's stupid soft plastic rifle. I just threw the gun in a box with J'Quille's (both guns are identical).

This fig gets a B+
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I have yet to see him,. but if he is just like J'Quille, then I dont see the bother to hunt him down as a priority.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Of the two, J'Quille and Tanus, the only one that I've found so far is Tanus. Found him this morning at Target as a matter of fact. It's a really cool figure... in fact it's just about as weird looking as it gets, and that's great.

Agreed. What's up with the lame gun? It's so thin at one point and it doesn't really fit the strange claw hands at all. Kind of seems like something Hasbro had sitting around from the G.I Joe line or something... not very original or appropriate.

I didn't buy him for the gun though, and now I'm really looking forward to finding J'Quille -- if I can -- 'cause these fill in the Jabba shelf perfectly.
    plasticfetish.net

I'm impressed that someone found Tanus hanging on a peg. I for one have not seen him except the one I received in the mail.

KH, don't kid yourself. You know you'll be after both of them. They are both worthy of collecting even though both have some of the same basic body parts.

My questions deals with this Elom's gender. What is he/she? The 2 hairy sacks in front are quite odd. Plus the added tail gives this figure a bit of distinction from J'Quille.

Here's a couple of pics to help you with these "attributes". I think these 2 figures are very different in many ways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tanus1.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	7934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spijek1.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	7935  
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Yeah, I was very happy... and surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth
    My questions deals with this Elom's gender. What is he/she? The 2 hairy sacks in front are quite odd. Plus the added tail gives this figure a bit of distinction from J'Quille.
    Well, I suppose I should change my, "Found him this morning..." to found her. Looks pretty evident to me what those are. Yep, sure enough.

Tanus Spijek
    plasticfetish.net

By George, I think she's got them.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth

KH, don't kid yourself. You know you'll be after both of them. They are both worthy of collecting even though both have some of the same basic body parts.

Yeah, I saw that when I picked her up the other day. Great looking figure, and not just cause of the external features.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Not to be an idiot, but the 'external glands' on the J'quille (that's the right one, correct?) fig cracked me up. I do not mind the reuse of the body as these two figs are really similar, however, it seems that articualtion won out over the sculpt a bit. The one thing missing for me is sculpted fur to kinda hang over the arms and legs - similar to how the Chewie that came with the destroyed c-3p0 last year had- if they had this hanging off the arms and legs more, this would be near perfect - as it is, the joints are way to noticeable.

Due to this, I'd give the figs a 'B' or 'B -,' I am torn.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    Not to be an idiot, but the 'external glands' on the J'quille (that's the right one, correct?) fig cracked me up.
    No, they're on Tanus. J'Quille has none... that we can see.

And yes, very funny.
    plasticfetish.net

Oooh... nice boobs on that figure!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**