Finally Dodonna ....

......After years and years we finally have a shot at getting him. Just so you know these figures are out as these were purchased at Wal-Mart on Valentines day, so start hunting!

Dodonna comes with three medals and a gun?????? After throwing his little gun in my accessory box I noticed that the figure really doesn't look right unless he's holding his medal. The figure has wrist and elbow articulation so you can put his hands down and to the side, but it is clear that the figure is made to stand presenting a medal. The figure is to scale, and his plastic robe does pull back so you can see his clothes underneath. The face of Dodonna looks O.K., but does not stand out in detail as most figures of this day. His chin beard seems to blend in with his flesh a little too much, making it look like a shabby paint job. The white hair paint job is greyed a bit for some detail, but still his head detail is not as magnificent as I expected. The truth is maybe my expectations were too high, so your judgement will be waited to see what the jury says. I'm going to give Dodonna a B. He's great to have, but not as cool as a bunch of other figs.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I'd go with a B here, as well. There is no waist articulation on this figure, like the new TIE Pilot. Also, there is no insignia on his jacket, unlike Antilles. Dodonna pretty much just stands there. I was hoping he had a holster hidden somewhere for that blaster, but there isn't one. I don't even know what I did with the gun; I think it went in the garbage, along with the package. And THREE medals??? Why?

Don't get me wrong: I'm pleased they made Dodonna. I just wish they had gone half a step further with this figure in a couple areas.

I received mine today. Haven't opened him yet but he looks good. I'll get back after I've opened him.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Quote Originally Posted by Twodot Tatooine
    I'd go with a B here, as well. There is no waist articulation on this figure, like the new TIE Pilot. Also, there is no insignia on his jacket, unlike Antilles. Dodonna pretty much just stands there. I was hoping he had a holster hidden somewhere for that blaster, but there isn't one. I don't even know what I did with the gun; I think it went in the garbage, along with the package. And THREE medals??? Why?

Don't get me wrong: I'm pleased they made Dodonna. I just wish they had gone half a step further with this figure in a couple areas.
    He has waist articulation below the belt like Antilles.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

Well I wasn't one of those people who were really excited to get this figure, mainly because he's just not that interesting. The figure is nicely done though and I am always glad to add unproduced characters to my collection. Good but not a standout.

Grade: B
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Finally landed this one today, and I'll agree that it's a good figure, nice to have, but not great. The paint's a bit shabby, mostly it just looks rushed with little detail... and I'd rather he came dressed like he is in the photo on the bubble front, 'cause the long coat's a little boring. Rather the uniform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaff
    The figure has wrist and elbow articulation so you can put his hands down and to the side, but it is clear that the figure is made to stand presenting a medal.
    I messed with this a bunch and found that you could rotate his hands behind his back, like the Imperial Officer, and he looks pretty good also. In general (no pun intended) the whole hand/arm thing is really weird on this figure. That, and the silly blaster doesn't fit in his hand very well... but I don't see him doing a lot of shooting. Unless the rebels call up the old-guy crack commando squad to battle a bunch of hooligan kids skateboarding on the sidewalk in front of the donut shop.

So, yeah... nice to have, but not the greatest.
    plasticfetish.net

Decent sculpt of Dodonna. Not much to him really. Just some medals and a blaster, but it is about time Hasbro paid their respects to the General.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Well I wasn't one of those people who were really excited to get this figure, mainly because he's just not that interesting. The figure is nicely done though and I am always glad to add unproduced characters to my collection. Good but not a standout.

Grade: B
    Perfect review as how I feel too - Howvever, I am now glad to have this addition in my collection - I am just buying one carded (I still do two for when I love the fig and have one also added to my loose collection). The first thing I honestly thought when I saw this up close and personal: 'WHY is he trying to be a white rapper?' Seriously, what is up with those hand poses? Even on the back of the card, they do not seem quite 'normal' for this type of character.