Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gentle Giant Reveals E3 Sidious/Palpatine

I was looking through the previews of Gentle Giant's upcoming lines for 2004 over at Rebelscum, and imagine my surprise when I clicked on what I thought was a thumbnail for the ROTJ-era Emperor Palpatine. The image I saw was Chancellor Palpatine wearing the Emperor's robes--with a young face!! I can only conclude this is the Episode III version of Darth Sidious, and it is further proof for any doubters left that Palpatine and Sidious are the same person.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidiouspalpatinebust.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	7582  
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Very, very, very intresting. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow! I like that. I really do think i would buy that when its available. Great picture!
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]

Weird, he looks younger there than he did in EPII. This looks like it was taken straight out of EPI.

It's a great piece.
    May the force be with you.

Oh mega wow, looks like Sidious won't turn out to be someone else then !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Very cool! Funny that I did not see this when I was browsing the GG collection. Must have been added since I first viewed the pictures.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Great Info! But, as far as the piece itself, it looks weird! What's up with his Hulk-hands? They're huge! Sidious/palps has witch-like long scrawny little fingers! Everything else looks ok though I guess.
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Darkness Shroud, you really should consider buying one. According to Rebelscum, this is one of the new "Bust-Ups", which are miniature versions of the regular size busts and ONLY $5.00 EACH!!! I know I'll be ordering most, if not all, of them.

I thought the same thing when I saw it, sith killer 99. But even the latest images of Palpatine from E3 make him look younger. Wonder if they did tone down the makeup for this one. Can't imagine why though. Oh well, guess we'll chalk it up to another continuity problem!!

And lastly, the "Hulk-hands" issue. I think it's just the forced perspective of the photo. It looks like his left hand reaches outward toward the camera--thus appearing bigger. His other hand looks right though.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Here's another pic that gives the bust a little better perspective. It even captures Palpatine's facial mannerisms perfectly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidiouspalpatine2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	7641  

Yeah, I just saw these "Bust Ups" at RS and they look great. It looks like they will be releasing 2 per month as follows:

Wave 1

3/24
    Princess Leia
    C-3PO

4/24
    Luke skywalker
    Han Solo

5/24
    Chewbacca
    Yoda

Interesting, that they would just release 2 a month. If these do end up at retail for $5.00 each I will definatly pick 'em up!

Oh, and if Gentle Giants wants any ideas for wave 2...

Sandtrooper
    Stormtrooper
    Snowtrooper
    Clone Troopers
    Boba Fett
    Darth Vader
    May the force be with you.