Artoo-Detoo [Dagobah]

Has anyone picked up that this is just the FX and Saga [AOTC] version that's missing the third leg and has gunk sprayed on it?

That's what it looks like in the piccies to me.

Thoughts?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

To me its all good. I think its a good idea and it looks cool. A dirty R2 from Dagobah is sweet. I dont care about the rehash, reuse of older molds.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I did notice that, and hope they use a different version for the final production toy (which is far from unheardof, but I'm not holding my breath either). If they do use the electronic figure like this prototype has it, I really hope they end up using the corrected legs of the Saga figure and not the POTF2 version which has those flat "hip pins" and extra-long legs with no ankle articulation. I bought an extra FX version of this figure waaaay back in the day and cut its 3rd leg off, it does look pretty cool for an electronic figure but the dome and eye aren't acceptable for other figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hope they redecco the 2002 Saga R2. Still one of my favorite figures, and my favorite R2 by a wide margin. A new soundchip will of course be required, featuring the panicked "WOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" we hear when he gets ejected from the swamp monster.
    Last edited by jjreason; 02-15-2004 at 05:36 PM.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008