Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about Riddell SW helmets

Okay, today I was at a collectors store. While I was browsing through the selections, I came across the Riddell helmets of Boba Fett, and a Stormtrooper. I asked the clerk how much the helmets were going for. She told me that the Stormtrooper was $35 and the Boba Fett was $45. I had paid over $100 on eBay for the Stormtrooper. I told the clerk this, and she said that the ones they had their were a second release, that were released about 2 years ago. She asked if I knew which version of the Stormtrooper helmet I had. My question is, how do I tell which version I have? I mean it's not like I can send the Riddell Stormtrooper helmet I have for a full refund, then buy the one at the store, but I would like to know if I have one from the original release. I did pick up the Boba Fett, but I put it on Lay Away. I put $11 down on it, and still have a balance, and I do intend on picking it up later next month. After all, if I change my mind, they have a no refund policy.

Thanks in advance.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I didnt think there were any re-releases of the mini helmets. Even if there were I dont know if there would be any way to tell them apart.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Like Jayspawn, I don't think that they were re-released. I know that I got most of mine about 3 years ago from KBkids.com for around $30 - 40 each, then the Stormie I paid about $90 for in a collectors shop.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I didnt think there were any re-releases of the mini helmets. Even if there were I dont know if there would be any way to tell them apart.
    They might have been reissues, but nothing was changed on them. Thats probably what it was.

After asking this question, I went over and looked at the bottom of my Stormtrooper helmets base. It gives a date of 1997, but so does the C-3PO, and the Vader. I would like to pick up the remaining helmet(s), but I'm not sure how many more there are. I know there is a Rebel pilots helmet, any others I am missing?

I am going to get the Bobafett, and I have the Stormie, 3PO, and Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    After asking this question, I went over and looked at the bottom of my Stormtrooper helmets base. It gives a date of 1997, but so does the C-3PO, and the Vader. I would like to pick up the remaining helmet(s), but I'm not sure how many more there are. I know there is a Rebel pilots helmet, any others I am missing?

I am going to get the Bobafett, and I have the Stormie, 3PO, and Vader.
    The line consisted of Boba, Stormtrooper, X-Wing Pilot, C-3PO and Vader. On eBay from time to time , I see CUSTOM helmets done of Jango and the Other Rogue Squadron Pilots. Not bad a job and price, for around $50-$100.

Thanks [DSS]Pedro, I sent you a PM!

Thanks [DSS]Pedro, I sent you a PM!
    Got it and replied.
    I am a little disappointed in the Armory Collection from Gentle Giants. I was actually hoping for a detailed helmet that would Rival the Riddell Helmets. But being that they are only 1/6 scale, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by [DSS]Pedr0
    Got it and replied.
    I am a little disappointed in the Armory Collection from Gentle Giants. I was actually hoping for a detailed helmet that would Rival the Riddell Helmets. But being that they are only 1/6 scale, meh.
    Yes, even though they are going for 2 for $30 I believe. I am impressed with the Riddell helmets, I remember seeing them years ago at a comic collector shop in the Mall of America. I paced back and fourth wondering if I should pick up one or two of them, but in the end walked away with none. It was a matter of cash flow, and I was on vacation then.

Yes, even though they are going for 2 for $30 I believe. I am impressed with the Riddell helmets, I remember seeing them years ago at a comic collector shop in the Mall of America. I paced back and fourth wondering if I should pick up one or two of them, but in the end walked away with none. It was a matter of cash flow, and I was on vacation then.
    Dont get me wrong tho, the detail in the pics is outstanding and I will most likely pick them up, I like BIGGER scale collectibles.
    Last edited by [DSS]Pedr0; 02-17-2004 at 12:13 AM.