Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dagobah Luke

Dagobah Luke

This may have been discussed already, but I thought to make a new thread for those that might not otherwise hear about it. It seems that the new Dagobah Luke will not just be a hand-standing statue. Hasbro has gone "McFarlane" on this figure.
    Apparently, there are interchangeable arms and an interchangeable head. I just saw pictures on another site, and they show us the hand-standing version. And right next to it, they show one with bent arms (as though he's grabbing the back pack that comes with Yoda) and a new head.

I thought it was worth mentioning...

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

hopefully, if they go to the trouble of having interchangeable arms/head, they will included arms that are neutrally posed, or the arms that they have to hold the backpack will be articulated more than they are in the picture from GH. if not, it's basically still a statue.

Yeah, but at least it's a statue with two poses, rather than one At least we'll get a version that will make sense with Yoda's backpack. It would be nice if there were neutral arms as well, though...........

Where did you see this? It sounds interesting. He could be levitating the X-wing, if his head is neutral. My only complaint with this figure was that his hair made him too scene-specific, but I guess that's changed.

This is the news I have been waiting for. I don't mind buying resculpts, as long as the figures have a difference worth owning. But this news....is great. Different heads and different arms/hands are a "feature" I love on import toys and in the SW line, well, that would just be great. I even posted the question the other day in a post wondering how Luke/Yoda would properly 'do' the backpack at Hersheypark Mud pose. Nice to see you finally progressing, Hasbro.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...=2345&zoneid=2

You can see that the heads are definitely different, even though the spare parts aren't shown with either figure. Great move on Hasbro's part! Just a hand standing Luke would've really bit.

Btw, Dagobah R2 is an FX R2 with the third leg cut off.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Sounds like a great idea. I hope it actually works well though, and that the arms/head don't become too loose after a change or two. We've been needing a newer Dagobah Luke for so long, I hope it turns out right.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

That is awesome. I love it. The fact that you can interchange his parts is great. I might have to get two of these, but then I would need two Yodas as well. We shall see the final run of this figure to make that decision.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That facial sculpt is dire!!! I'm glad they did the arm and head swapping thing. That would have been a real bust to have a handstand only Luke. I hope the paint deco isn't this tragic on the final piece.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well that's intresting. I thought it was gonna be just a lame handstanding statue but I'm glad to know he can be posed with a Yoda on his back.

I agree about the 2nd head though, the face looks odd, like actress Frances McDormand.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.