Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Quantum Leap Coming To Dvd!!!

No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

It's about time! Great series! YYYEEEEAAAAa.....I'll be looking forwardto this just about as much as the next season of West Wing...I love TV series on DVD...it gives you a chance to appreciate the character development a little more.

Oh, boy!

I'm surprised no one beat me to it!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

TVShowsonDVD updated today, with the cover art for the complete first season. Looks pretty good. I wish they weren't doing double sided discs though. They should have given us 4 single DVD's, for $60. Instead of 2 double sided ones. It just makes it seem more worth it. I'm sure there will be some good deals on it, closer to release day.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1144

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Official specs are up for the series now:
    Quantum Leap - Official Specs
    Posted by David Lambert - 3/04/2004

We now have the official specs for the "Quantum Leap - Season 1" DVD release which were not provided in the original announcement of the June 8 release. Universal recently posted these, and so we decided to post them here:

2 "DVD-14" discs (double sided, dual-layer on one side and single-layer on the other)
    Disc 1: 3 Hours 9 Minutes run time
    Disc 2: 3 Hours 58 Minutes run time
    Video: Full Frame 1.33:1 (as broadcast)
    Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Subtitles: French, Spanish, close captioned
    Packaging: Digipak with Slip Sleeve
    No official word on the extras yet, but we'll bring them to you once they've been announced. Stay tuned for that. Don't forget we have the full-sized cover art already available.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1198
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Some updated news. They've decided to make it three discs, instead of 2. So hopefully they won't be double-sided after all. And here's the first news about Extras that have come out about the DVD.
    Quantum Leap - Extra, Extra - we have news about extras!
    Posted by Gord Lacey - 3/18/2004

We finally have information on the extras for the season 1 set.

"A Kiss With History: Remembering Quantum Leap"
    Series stars Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell, along with creator Don Bellisario, share stories about creating their groundbreaking series. The featurette will take viewers behind the scenes of Quantum Leap's first year, including stories about Bakula's extensive and demanding training, Stockwell's wild wardrobe and fans' invaluable contribution to the show.

"Quantum Knowledge"
    Scott Bakula introduces each episode with a bit of trivia (guest stars, special effects, training).

The set is now coming on three discs instead of two. They changed the disc configuration around, but the content remains the same. Look for it on June 8, at an SRP of $59.98. Cover art is here.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Re: Quantum Leap Coming To Dvd!!!

I can't wait for this either. I loved the series. I own the Music from the television show: Quantum Leap album and in an interview they mentioned something about a movie. I wish they'd do it...I didn't quite like the ending to the series....
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me

I loved this series, too. I have the pilot on VHS. I'll see if I can find this set for cheap before I buy it, though. Sometimes I go back and read the companion book (episode guide, interviews, making of...) for the show when I start missing it.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Season 2 is on the way already, October 26th!.
    Quantum Leap - Season 2 is on the way!
    Posted by Gord Lacey 7/12/2004

Here's a bit of news that was left off the recent Universal TV press release: Quantum Leap: Season 2 is going to be released on October 26! Season 2 was the first full season of the series, featuring 22 episodes. This 3 disc set (DVD-18) will carry a suggested retail price of $59.98, the same price as season 1, though season 1 only consisted of 8 episodes.

The information we received lists an English Stereo track, but season 1 contained Dolby Surround, so we expect this is just an error in the information we were supplied with. The set will also contain English, French and Spanish subtitles. No word on extras yet, but we expect that to come before the set ships. We'll have cover art available when it's released.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks