Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up Sandcrawler?

The UK site The Private Universe:
    http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html

has pix of a new jawa sandcrawler and at least one UK dealer is now listing it as a future properly...

Anyone got any more detail? Did I miss anything on this at Sir Steve's? I don't buy vehicles much but this is a must have!

TPU says it's a scoop...
    It is not.
    This picture have surfaced on several websites one year ago.
    This could be a prototype (repaint - rehash...).
    The RA-7 droid is the POTF2 death star droid with a new paint.

The Sandcrawler should be out as a Target exclusive this fall.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Ugh, it better not be an exclusive. I hate hunting them down. And as an exclusive, it gets shipped in liited quantities on top of that. They should release it to everyone that wants to carry them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Just release it already!!

We keep getting rehashes of the x-wing, tie fighter, etc.
    Why not this one?? It hasnt seen the light of day for years and people want it. Release it.

If retailers have exclusives they should at least offer them on their web sites. I would think this would allow them to sell a ton more than if they carried them only in their stores. I'd pay shipping for the sandcrawler... besides I have no targets in my area (Alaska).
    Skeeziks22

Actually if you re read it I don't say the pic is an exclusive, I had it at the same time as GH did when it was out first... What is a scoop is that I have a release date, UK price and that it is available to pre order now in the UK... TPU reported it before anyone else so it is a scoop...

The pic is used for illustration reasons, nothing new about it other than it is being sent out by HASBRO currently to illustrate the sandcrawler to it's distributors etc etc...

TPU has beaten ALL the major US sites to major news over the last 4 plus years, and sometimes by over 6 months... we just don't get the credit for it because a certain major site takes our news and claims it to be theirs, long story, not going into it again... but I am not refering to SSG as this is a decent site with principles.

Pete
    The Private Universe - The UK's No.1 Star Wars news site!

Feh..... Nice paint job on this thing, but that's about it. This thing is sooooo out of scale it's just silly, much like the Falcon. The only reason I would buy it would be for the pack-in figures (if they're decent).

Now if they re-did the sandcrawler at least closer to the proper scale, I would be all exited about it. But this re-hash is so small it could very well go in the dead action fleet line.

Just my opinion

This is a poor excuse of a ship. I can't believe that so many are hot to get this underscale wonder. It just looks so stupid. Anyways, the pack-ins might be cool. I hope Hasbro packs them well, because if they aren't, there will be many Crawlers on the shelves without them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I had the vintage one as a kid, with the remote and all. It had decent value when paired with the cardboard and plastic tatooine Sandcrawler playset, where the lever made the figures fall down, the elevator worked on the cardboard crawler, etc. The toy is too small, which is too bad. They need to create it so that a couple of Jawas could fit into the cockpit, and a few more droids could get into the hold.

I will give them credit for the sculpting though, it had a lot of texture to it, much like the Falcon did. If they rerelease it, I'll be there - but only if it comes with figures.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    This is a poor excuse of a ship. I can't believe that so many are hot to get this underscale wonder. It just looks so stupid. Anyways, the pack-ins might be cool. I hope Hasbro packs them well, because if they aren't, there will be many Crawlers on the shelves without them.
    I never had the vintage one, my cousin did, and I was always jealous of it. About now, I could care less on scale. I just want one of these. The vintage are a bit out of my desired price range, plus a could droid pack-ins might be a nice touch.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine