Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Will they make another Beast Wars series?

I loved the beast wars series on Fox Kids,the computer graphics the cool story lines just pure magic,I can even say I liked Beast machines. Now I heard that they were going to make another beats Wars series. But no new info has surfaced and I just hate the new transformers cartoon,if it was done in computer graphics maby I would give it a chance. any way if any one has info give a ring.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

I was a major fan of Beast Wars even before Fox Kids aired it, when it was in loose syndication or something (which made it hard to follow as it bumped from timeslot to timeslot). I never felt Beast Machines was as good as BW, but the writing and CG animation on BW were probably some of the best work on a cartoon ever. Some of the pieces from the toy line have been re-released recently in the Armada and Universe lines and been fairly popular, so maybe that'll spark some new interest. I hope they get the writers of the old BW show though, seems like since then the TF shows have had nigh-unbearable writing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It was rough trying to catch the show before Fox Kids started to air it. The station here in Cincinnati showed it in the morning, so I was in school everytime it aired.

Buy the season dvd's of Beast Wars from Rhino! That's what I'm doing.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yep, i liked Beast Wars alot (and i was able to collect much of the toys for the line too) despite rarely knowing what time it would air on the next week. Luckily i was able to catch some of the early episodes on a Spanish channel. I was never able to follow Beast Machines due to not knowing when it aired, and i passed all of the toys. If BW were to air again i wouldnt mind seeing some of the Japanese figures (such as the penguin, giraffe, horse, and rabbit) we never seen over here get thrown on the tube. I got in some figures from BigBadToyStore a couple of days ago and they look sweet. I think the reason Armada and Energon dont excite me as much is because of the kids. And i dont like Ironhide being somewhat of a self esteem lacking whiner.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

i never really got to much into the toy line that much sice the fact that they were jus imposable to transform.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

Them's fighting words! I've found that except for the gestalts which were challenging to merge and the TM2 and beyond stuff, Beast Wars toys were on-par average to transform (not like some of the Armada figures which are mindless like Hot Shot, but not as hard as the recent 20th Anniversary Optimus either).

BTW, why was the show called "Beasties" in Canada???

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Most i can transform from memory, but a few are such pains in the butt that i only get halfway through them before i get confused, i so i just leave them in whatever mode they were in. Ramulus (forgot if thats his real name, but the ram Maximal) quickly comes to mind. Ive got the tech specs, but lack the will to dig them out. JT, do you have any foriegn Beast Wars toys?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yeah, Ramulus's transformation is a little more difficult than most, but I did say TM2 and beyond, and Ramulus was a TM2 figure. I only have the US repaints of the overseas BW figures except for Lioconvoy which, like a dope, I bought through Hasbro's old hasbrodirect website.

Quote Originally Posted by mylow thehutt
    I loved the beast wars series on Fox Kids,the computer graphics the cool story lines just pure magic,I can even say I liked Beast machines. Now I heard that they were going to make another beats Wars series. But no new info has surfaced and I just hate the new transformers cartoon,if it was done in computer graphics maby I would give it a chance. any way if any one has info give a ring.
    Actually, there was already a Transformers: Beast Wars 2 show. It was a cartoon, but it never made it to the states. I believe it was because we got Beast Machines instead, which if I remember right, was made exclusively here in the U.S./Canada.

Beast Wars 2
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 02-28-2004 at 02:00 PM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Yeah, but BW2 and BW:Neo were cell-based art and took a different direction from US BW.