Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question No more Jedi Master Points

I don't know if this is old news, but I was just looking over the Toy Fair pictures again. I noticed on the Falcon box that over the proof of purchase/bar code thing, there is a silver strip that says "Original Trilogy Collection." Does this mean that after the last few saga items come out (glasses, Jedi council, Carkoon) there won't be any more JMPs? I guess this is kind of a relief, so Hasbro doesn't need to feel pressured to do something with the POPs again. I guess they could, but they probably won't.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I don't know that they're dead. I filled out a survey that Hasbro sent me recently. The point of the survey seemed to be entirely about what the responder felt about the Jedi points and how they should be used. It was also implied that there would be future Jedi Points auctions like that circus we had in the Fall. If they went to all that trouble to ask, I hope it means they're serious about rethinking how to use them.

FYI I gave a long explanation about how it would better serve the community that supports the line to use them as mail in redemption points, either for requested obscure characters, or army builder figures.

I don't think it matters anyway as the JMP were really useless to a majority of the SW fans. I do hope that Hasbro gets that whole situation off their "To-do" list as it was a complete failure.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I have no love of the Jedi points. I would like to see some return to the mail in figure offers for UPC points.

Remember how the modern Hasbro SW line started: Free Han Stormtrooper w/ Fruit Loops. Free Obi-Wan w/Lays potato chips. I'm probably forgetting one.

The vintage line offered figures free for 4 proof of purchase seals on a regular basis.

We haven't been given anything like that in almost 10 years.

there is about 20 pages or so of discussion where i give my reasons why the JMP auctions were a success, but all that being said, i do hope they do away with the JMP's for good, as they did build up peoples hopes for a mail away, and when they didn't deliver a mail away, people got upset. better that there is no expectations of something happening with the P.O.P.'s, that way if something does happen, we can be appreciative.

Good riddance to JMP's. If Hasbro cant do something for every collector, don't do it at all. Go back to POP's and mail in offers. It was fairer to us all.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    The vintage line offered figures free for 4 proof of purchase seals on a regular basis. We haven't been given anything like that in almost 10 years.
    Well, we did get the Episode I preview Mace Windu figure in late 1998 for four proof-of-purchases + $1.98 shipping, so it's only been 6 years since the last true POP mail-in offer. Hasbro claims they lose too much money on freebies like that, though, so I doubt we'll see a return to those types of offers anytime soon. When it comes down to it, I'd settle for a mail-in offer of Accessory Packs. Give me a shot at getting like a dozen different lightsabers or a dozen different blasters, for like 4 POP's and a couple of bucks for shipping, and you know what? I'd be happy! Now, how much could that stuff possibly set Hasbro back, especially if we're footing the shipping & handling costs?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by darthzirock
    Well, we did get the Episode I preview Mace Windu figure in late 1998 for four proof-of-purchases + $1.98 shipping, so it's only been 6 years since the last true POP mail-in offer. Hasbro claims they lose too much money on freebies like that, though, so I doubt we'll see a return to those types of offers anytime soon. When it comes down to it, I'd settle for a mail-in offer of Accessory Packs. Give me a shot at getting like a dozen different lightsabers or a dozen different blasters, for like 4 POP's and a couple of bucks for shipping, and you know what? I'd be happy! Now, how much could that stuff possibly set Hasbro back, especially if we're footing the shipping & handling costs?
    I'm surprised that Hasbro ould say something about losing money on the freebies, but then go have a contest where they gave 5 people each day, $100 worth of toys, every day for almost 2 months. I mean you look at the Mace figure (which I never got btw) compared to some of the cool stuff that I got in that contest, and I think it would end up costing them less. I mean at least with the Proofs, you had to buy X amount of figures, to get 1 figure. I'm sure they got a deal on the shipping. Oh, what do I know, I'm a silly carded collector, with JMP envy.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I knew I was forgetting one. Thanks for reminding me about the mail in Mace.

Mace was also a great way for Hasbro to get people excited about the PT toys with very little effort. I had hoped they'd have done that for AOTC. The 4 preview figs were nice, nut a POP mail in would have been a nicer treat.

I just think that a POP offer would allow Hasbro to make some of the more obscure characters we all want without having to sweat about how many to include in wave assortments without them ending up peg warmers on account of their unproven casual buyer not choosing them.

You know who's at fault here, the real culprit, the guy holding the puppet strings, that man behind the current? I'll tell you who it is...

His name is...

G.I. Joe!!!

This crack happy line still gets mail-away figures. Something about being solely owned by Hasbro. Blah Blah Blah. Hasbro, Stop Talking and Start Chalking! (Pool PinBall Game reference for those to young to remember.)

I want my POP figure and I want him now.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!