New Transformers Alternators rock!

I was just at TRU and found these new Transformers "Alternators" and all I can say is WOW!

These are, IMHO, what Transformers should have been all along. I stopped collecting the line years ago, in part because my collection burned up in a house fire, and partly because I was getting older and sorta grew out of collecting toys for a while, but mostly because I just didn't care for the stuff they were putting out.

Then Hasbro decided to re-release the G1 line and I started collecting, yet again. Then I decided that collecting 2 lines was too expensive (especially with the cost of the re-issues), so I sold my Optimus, Rodimus (Hot Rod), and the rest.

Tonight I found the new Alternators and couldn't help myself, I bought Smokescreen and Side Swipe. I just couldn't believe the detail of them, they look incredible! One of the things I liked best about the original line was that the vehicles looked like actual cars, jets, guns, etc. Well, this new line takes that to the next level!

Unfortunatly, I got buyer's remorse as soon as I got home and couldn't bring myself to open them. Now I'm looking to trade 'em or I will just bring them back to the store for a refund. (see my post in Trades)

I am really impressed with this line, but I can't collect 2 lines, I just can't.

Is anyone else collecting this line? Does anyone know what Hasbro is planning for the future of the line?
    May the force be with you.

Weve got a thread in the Other section about these guys. I plan on getting most of them, some i will skip though. From what Adam has said, the future releases we see will be Decepticons, unfortunately they will be repainted so thats kind of a letdown.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Actually, I said that the Alternators Decepticons were coming but were just repaints of the existing models, and I was quoting Hasbro's own TF website.

Here's the thread we already have about the line: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=22467

SK99, I'd urge you to open up those bad boys and really enjoy them, they're fantastic, each with their own charms. Smokescreen is a better figure, but SideSwipe is easier to transform back to alt mode. Another cool thing about the line is that at $20 a piece, they're only releasing a new model every 2 months, so only 6 a year - makes it pretty easy to have a whole collection, and if you visit Target or TRU, you can see they're not hard to find a month after release, unlike SW.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Heck at that price why not collect the whole line. The fact that a one comes out every two months is pretty sweet.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten