Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More beasts please

I think that the beasts are some of the best aspects of the 3 3/4" line, and also some of the most neglected--or at least difficult to come by.

We've been given a new Jabba, a new Wampa, and a new Han's Tauntaun. I would like to see the Eopie with Qui-Gon reissued for a start. I never saw this in stores, and no no one who did. It was immediately priced at over $50.00 on the secondary market and now goes for around $150. This is way too much for a $15 set that should have been more readily available.

Beyond that, there are a number of beasts, animals, whatever you prefer to call them, that haven't been made yet, and some variants that could be made as well.

Here are what I came up with:

The Sarlacc - A Sarlacc pit playset would be a great addition to the line.

The Krayt Dragon - Though only seen as a skeleton in the movie, who wouldn't want one of these?

Jerba - This pack animal seen outside the cantina and Toshi station in the deleted scenes would be great with a generic moisture farmer.

Shaak- They do look like big ticks, and some people hate them, but I still want one.

Ikopi - Mainly seen running in the Naboo swamp, but interesting looking.

Kaadu with the decorative feathers - with Captain Tarpals.

Blurrg - These are those big mouthed dinosaur things from the Ewok movies. Great looking monsters, and I don't think that anyone would reject them based on the source material.

Dianoga - I haven't opened my Trash Compactor sets so I don't know how that dianoga looks assembled, but a complete one on its own would be nice and we don't need another trash compactor Luke either.

Orray- with a Picador from AOTC.

Aiwha - with Kaminoan rider.

Dewback - as a beast of burden like the one that passes behind Qui-Gon and Padme in Mos Espa.

Gardulla the Hutt - This is at the top of my list.

Colo Claw Fish - This would be great.

Dragonsnake- Only seen as a hump in the water before it tries eating R2 on Dagobah, but a great monster nonetheless.

Sando Aqua Monster - A problem with scale comes into this, but I'd take a smaller scale version if necessary.

Giant Space Slug- Same with this one.

Scurriers/ Dwarf Nunas - as a pack in with other figures, or as an accessory set of their own.

These are the ones that received screen time in the movies. There are a number of EU choices as well. "The Wildlife of SW" book has a lot of additional great choices.

Don't forget the Nudo with RIC droid for Nudo-ball (Briefly seen in Episode 2).

I figured at one point that to be accurate to 3.75" scale, the Sando Aqua Monster would need to be roughly the size of a large SUV. The Krayyt Dragon, done accurately, wouldn't be much smaller.

What the hey? Bring 'em on, Hasbro!! And offer various financing options!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This is why I said they'd have to be out of scale, though I forgot to include the Krayt Dragon with the other 2. I figure a Krayt Dragon, even a foot long would be acceptable, though one the size of the 12" scale Dewback would be fantastic, which I think puts it at a scale approximating the McQuarrie concept painting.

A Space Slug in scale with the micro-machine Millennium Flacon, and a Sando Aqua Monster in scale with the micro machine Gungan Sub would also be acceptable compromises, though of course I'd love them to be bigger.

I will certainly second most of the beast list presented here. I too think that the beasts are a great part of the Star Wars Saga. I have always thought that the Scurriers would be ideal pack-ins for a character like the guy that turns Luke and Ben into the Stormtroopers outside of the Cantina. I suddenly find myself drawing a blank on his name, but the presence of scurriers would make the figure more appealing to collectors.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

The Space Slug would be a cool rubber hand puppet!!!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Definitely! I've always thought Hasbro should work more with the beasts. A 20 dollar price point isn't to high, and I think if they had them come out in theme waves like they're doingt his year that it could work. However if they were to sell well with kids and collectors, some of these might be ignored. Cool scary monsters always sell well. And it also seems like anything jabba sells very well. The latest deluxe sets have been selling fantastic in my area, I've seen tons of them come in but they get gobbled up within a half day or being put out on the shelves.

It would be awsome though if hasbro did a special Star Wars galaxy creatures line, or something to that extent. And they could have waves by planet or something. I totally have wanted a sarlacc pic playset ever since I was a kid. In fact I can remember using clay and a large plastic baking bowl to make one my self when I was a kid.

I am all for more beasts. The Dragon would be awesome if we could get one. I have been talking about wanting a Sarlaac playset for years now. That would be amazing.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

That would be awsome if they made a Sarlacc playset and had the beak portion as a puppet of some sort. Does anyone remember the fright zone playset for he-man back in the 80's? There was a dragon puppet that came with it. Something similiar to that is what i'm thinking. Of course it just wouldn't look as cheesy.

I am a fan of beast packs. I actually have hopes that the Ultra line in the future will be able to dish up some PT beasts. Such as Orraywith a Picador an Aiwha and the thing Anakin gets bucked off of
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine