View Poll Results: What AOTC/Clone Wars Toy vehicle/ship do you like the most?

Voters
299. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gunship

135 45.15%
  • Command Gunship

51 17.06%
  • Hailfire Droid

70 23.41%
  • Geonosian Fighter

6 2.01%
  • Jedi Starfighter (original red)

14 4.68%
  • Jedi Starfighter (New Turquoise blue)

4 1.34%
  • Anakin's Starfighter

19 6.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I went with the Gunship. I like this vehicle based mainly on it's appearance. It's got plenty of room for Mace to block shots and it's got room for two pilots! I only wish the ball-turret gunners were more accurate
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Anyway, I voted for the Republic Gunship even though I waited until I found it for half price on clearance mainly because it's not just a good likeness of the movie version, but also has a lot of areas for the figures to hang out. Most of the features on this are better than normal for Hasbro vehicles, the top missiles are supposed to be there, the lower ones can still rotate, the cockpit opens, the wing laser pods rotate, the doors open nicely, and it's just a slick craft. I don't care for the snap-on pods from the Pilot figures all that much, the drop-out floor doesn't work too well, and the speederbike situation appears to be made for the vintage design rather than the Saga version. But all in all, I can display a lot of figures on it, there's a carrying handle, and it looks pretty accurate.
    Ditto. (Sorry, just too lazy to type much today.)
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I voted for Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. I only did so because its the only CW ship I have and I like it a lot.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    It's all good. I would agree that the lack of landing gear, non-rotating R2, and the pivoting thruster (or whatever that thing is) are all downsides to the ship, but the kid in me just goes for Ani's version. If I was younger and still flying ships around the house, I would probably grab for Ani's over the regular.
    Well, I'm not sure that's technically "play value", but ya can't argue with results either.

Quote Originally Posted by jms
    Dooku's speeder, BTW, JT was left off for the same reason. His was not a combat vehicle but a personal transport.
    We don't actually know that for certain, and it was in the battle of Geonosis, but ok, I see what you're getting at.

So I picked up the Hailfire Droid the other day to see what all the fuss is about, and I suppose it's ok, but I'm not seeing it here. It's too narrow, those little red missiles stand out like 32 sore thumbs, it seems like the launchers wer designed to all have springs but Hasbro went cheap and only put in half, the wheels really don't move all that nicely when connected (which is strange since they move ok on their own, I guess it's the angle), and the gun at the bottom swings around loose. The riffle-fire missile gimmick is cute, but cleaning up this mess is a beast and the missiles are too easily triggered. All in all, I wish I had saved my $20 and just stuck with the Lego one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Smile Best AOTC Vehicle...

Love the Gunship. I just wished it's a little bigger so the pods can be the right size as well. But I especially dig the way the side panels open. Looks like it works w/ gears, just plain cool. Close second is the Hailfire Droid. Never thought Hasbro will make this war machine just like in the movie.

I got all the AOTC/CW vehicles and I like everyone of them. Of course, some stand out, hence our poll. One thing I noted. I wish Hasbro would included a hyperspace ring for the Jedi Starfighter Obi-wan piloted. I would make a nice companion display piece for this craft.
    Gimme a break!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    ...but the kid in me just goes for Ani's version. If I was younger and still flying ships around the house, I would probably grab for Ani's over the regular.
    Eye candy counts for a lot I think. The other day I was in Target with my 6 year old, he spotted Anakin's fighter again and said, "Hey! I'm gonna need that I think." (Of course you do ) It looks cool, and the cartoon helped to sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    All in all, I wish I had saved my $20 and just stuck with the Lego one.
    Hmmm. (That's why I've been holding out for a markdown.)

-----

Imagine how this poll would have gone if we'd gotten an AT-TE.
    plasticfetish.net

Yeah, but there are a lot of folks who don't care for the AT-AT, so I think you'd get the same mixed results unless Hasbro really made it super-nice, though I bet the Command Gunship wouldn't have gotten any votes at all.

I also was planning on waiting for clearance for the Hailfire Droid, but they've been selling out in my area lately, there was nothing else to buy last week and I didn't want to miss out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.