Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

What older figures SHOULD be recarded?

Clearly, Hasbro's gone on a recarding bender, taking older, out-of-production figures and re-releasing them in this new OTC line to make them accessable to newer collectors who missed out originally. Without negating the possibility of these characters being redone later, what figures from the past 9 years do you think Hasbro should re-release?

Here's my list, in no particular order:

• Bespin Han Solo (POTJ)
    • Bespin Guard (POTJ)
    • 2-1B (with control panel from Dlx Luke Bacta)
    • Gamorrean Guard (with normal right hand instead of fist)
    • Bib Fortuna
    • Zuckuss
    • Lak Sivrak, aka Wolfman
    • Ree-Yees
    • Jawa with Gonk Droid (CTC)
    • Lando Bespin (POTJ)
    • Probe Droid
    • Hooded Leia (CTC, better face paint)
    • Removable Limbs C-3PO (POTF2, less dirty)
    • Chewie Bespin (Saga, add bowcaster)
    • Obi-Wan (Flashback)
    • Leia Bespin (POTJ)
    • R2 w/ Holo Leia (CTC)
    • Luke ROTJ (Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene)
    • Droopy McCool
    • Max Rebo
    • Sy Snootles (with eyes and lips painted less ridiculous)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dagobah Vader
    FX-7
    Sandtrooper (POTJ)
    Ephant Mon
    Sio Bibble

I think most of the other figures could use a resculpt. Afterall I think it is lame to have an outdated sculpt next to a sculpt that looks two years ahead of time.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Well, unless an Endor Luke is planned for Saga, I'd like to see Endor Luke from the MMC collection (that is, no fat lightsaber, the skinny one, and non-articulated knees in the legs and with pegholes).
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I have to discount some of your choices, JediTricks, simply because you list some with sculpting changes (ie; the Gamorean Guard w/open hand) which is different from simply releasing existing figures.

Most of my choices are not characters I necessarily want to see again, but characters I think collectors who jumped in somewhat recently would benefit from seeing again, or characters that were not widely distributed, or not distributed in the U.S.. There are characters like Weequay that if rereleased should be resculpts, or alternate costumes for these generic alien characters. These I didn't list either. For the most part EP1 characters are so common, and so many had wound up in the $2 bin at TRU, that they are plentiful and cheap for anyone who wants one. These I kept off my list as well.

1. Jawa 2-pack
    2. Cantina band member
    3. Gamorrean Guard
    4. Ishi Tib
    5. Naboo Guard (the one w/the removable silver helmet, not the one who looks like he should be driving a cab. I always forget which is which)
    6. Death Star Droid
    7. Oola
    8. Nien Nunb
    9. Biker Scout
    10. Ephant Mon
    11. Eopie w/Qui-Gon Jinn
    12. European Pit Droids 3-pack
    13. Graxol Kelvyyn
    14. Shaka
    15. Gungan Warrior

I removed Tarkin, Ackbar, and Bib Fortuna from my list, as they'd all probably do better with a resculpt than a straight reissue.

Barquin Dan
    Doda Bonadewu (SP?)
    Joh Yowza (Retooled so he looks like the Special Edition One)
    Pote Snitkin
    Prune Face
    Wuher

All I can think of. I'll edit if more come to mind (You all mentioned good ones)

4LOM and Zuckuss, because their sculpts are still good enough to fit in with the figures being released right now, and because 3 of the other Bounty Hunters are coming out (in Boba - Carkoon's case coming out AGAIN) within the next few months. IG88 was very nice in POTJ, so maybe he could be included in this as well.

Make the Bespin guard identical, with a variant version (African-Bespinian ) for us former vintage collectors.

Ishi Tibb and Ree Yees for sure, very nice figures and not that widely available.

If we open it up to PT as well, I'd love to see the last wave of epI figure put back out (Amidala Ascension Gun, R2B1, TC14, Sio Bibble, Swimming Jar Jar, Holo Sidious, etc) as lots of us seem to be missing them.

Commtech Stormie again, Saga Snowtrooper again, Imperial Scout Trooper, Imperial Officer and Rebel Tantive IV defender again. How can they go wrong with army builders?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I say at the rate ReHasbro is going, we will have em all by the end of '05.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Though ive got most of them already, i would like to see the following figures come out once again for those collectors who missed out on their brief appearance:

Sio Bibble
    TC-14
    R2-B1
    Ephant Mon
    SA Clonetrooper
    Zuckuss

I would like to see army builder 4 packs too. Those types of figures always sell well.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Ok, a list this time

TC-14
    R2-B1
    Motti
    Ephant Mon
    Gam. Guard
    Zuckuss
    Bib Fortuna
    Biker Scout(clean version)
    SA Clonetrooper(I know its not old, but rerelease him anyways)
    Sny Snootles
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I agree, we MUST see SA Clonetrooper recarded. If not the SA, then at least I'd like to see MORE rehashes of the Clone from 2002 (the Red one) in all the colors. I know we got Yellow, Blue, and White rehashes, with CW Bonus Packs, but I'd like to see these again AND a Green clone made from the mold.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy