Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Hellboy toys on the shelves!

I found all of the Hellboy action figures today at a record store which also sells some toys. They look fantastic! No disappointments in the bunch. The store was selling them for $14.00 a piece. I don't know if this highby a couple bucks or not. they tend to price a little high at this store. I didn't pick them up yet, because I figure there's still plenty of time between now and when the movie comes out, adn I want to see what others are charging for them first. The 18" Hellboy looks awesome as well.

Knowing Sideshow, they're Hellboy stuff won't be released until this summer. I don't know why they set release dates, as to my knowledge, they've never even come close to releasing on time in at least the past three years.

Whats the deal with Hellboy?

Is he good? Whats the plot?

a comic book shop uptown had the 18'' Hellboy opened up and were playing with him; he's FANTASTIC. The detail is nuts and the coat and gun are AMAZING. You can even take out the bullets (though, they're all connected so you don't lose them) and the plastic he's made out of his very sturdy and you can easily put his gun in place and whatnot. Great figure all around!

I haven't seen any of the action figures yet; I don't doubt they won't be any less awesome than the 18''. HH!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I finally opened my 18 Hellboy last night (had him for about a week). Great figure, just like JMG says. Well worth the $$$. I have him posed without the trenchcoat, gun holstered, and holding his rosary beads right now. Looks great!

They did have the regular figures of Abe Sapien & Kroenen (SP?) when I bought him too. They did look great too, but I had spent too much that day already.....

i picked up the hellboy with corpse 7"... awesome! i got the one with the open "right hand of doom" and gritting teeth head. both figures of hellboy, the one with the coat and corpse, and the one without the coat, can have either hand/head combo. there's the closed "right fist of doom" with a face that has the mouth closed, and there's the one i got...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Hellboy 18" variant

I stumbled across a "battle damaged exclusive variant" (actually says that on the box ) 18" Hellboy at Tower Records today.

........after waffling around for about 1/2 hour I ended up buying him. He's got a totally different head sculpt: big overgrown horns, and a grimacing, bloodied face. From what I can tell, the only other difference is that his shirt and jacket are dirtied and ripped up a little.

Here's a pic of the new headsculpt:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hellboy variant 18.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	7939  

Re: Hellboy toys on the shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    i picked up the hellboy with corpse 7"... awesome!
    What is the deal with this figure? I can't find it anywhere. My local Tower Records has the other figures, but never Hellboy... is this thing short-packed or something? I want to at least see it once.

nah, case breakdown is as follows: (i actually work at tower, so i've seen it when it came in...) four hellboy figures, two with trenchcoat and corpse, two without, one of each with each head; three kroenen; three abe sapien; three rasputin; ONE sammael - he is truly shortpacked.

also, the horned 18" is limited to 2000 pieces! i couldn't believe it when i heard!
    Last edited by darthvyn; 03-27-2004 at 07:34 PM.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Ahh. So I'm just slow.

I'll never see a Sammael figure around here... I'm sure the scalpers are eating them up. I'm sure they're probably eating up the Hellboy figs also though. That's cool... Tower's only a few blocks from my house, I'll just keep rolling in like I always do. (Get sucked into buying Hellraiser figures in the mean time.)

Just checked toysrus.com (amazon.com) and they have the figures listed as being available on April 15. Ummm, doesn't the movie come out on the 2nd? Nice timing for them to get 'em out like 2 weeks after the movies been released.

Man, I'm really looking forward to this film. The wife goes away on vacation on the 1st, and I get to go out on the 2nd for a single guy evening of nerd fun. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    nah, case breakdown is as follows: (i actually work at tower, so i've seen it when it came in...) four hellboy figures, two with trenchcoat and corpse, two without, one of each with each head; three kroenen; three abe sapien; three rasputin; ONE sammael - he is truly shortpacked.

also, the horned 18" is limited to 2000 pieces! i couldn't believe it when i heard!
    How much is that 18" horned variant? I don't have a Tower anywhere near me and would like to get him.