Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Briscoe County should have lasted 5 or 6 seasons easy, Fox didn't promote it right (seems like we see that a LOT from them) and then killed it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth
    Space: Above and Beyond
    The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - Bruce Rules!!!
    I totally agree. Space was a kick-A show and got really good toward the end. I think I missed a couple of episodes at the end and was really unsatisfied when it ended how it did. It seemed like they didn't rerun the shows at all and every week there was a new one out. I hope they put them out on DVD.

Brisco was also a terrific show. I remember watching it before XFiles when it was still on Fridays. Ahh, the good old 90's.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Lone Gunmen, that was really good, I hated that they canned it and hated even more how they wrapped it all up on X-Files (which *should* have been cancelled about 2 years earlier).
    I agree with you JT, The Lone Gunmen was pretty good and it suck how they end it. But I think the X-Files should have ended with the movie rather then drag us through its slow death.

Firefly is one show I'm glad was canned. It caused Dark Angel to be canceled. The first season was pretty cool. The second was terrible but it look they might have turn it around with another season.

Another Fox show I really liked was Harsh Realm. It was a bit Matrix like, but I really like the story line.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Re: Top ten canceled TV shows

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Nowhere Man
    WOW!!!!! Another NOWHERE MAN FAN!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

Did you see the whole sereies? What ever happend lastly? Did they just cut it off???

I found this thread becuae I wanted comment on Freaks and Geeks. Discovered it through NETFLIX!!! I love it.

This show is fall down funny. Bill is hysterical. And the acting can't be more flawless. Like the creator's said on the commentary. It was better to have 1 great season, than to have 8 crappy ones.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I agree with ya on Freaks and Geeks. That show was awesome! A bad move on NBCs part not to renew that one, its a shame it didn't last. The same could be said with Undeclared, it was a good show, not as good as F&G IMO, but I actually thought it had a chance to last on FOX... I guess not.

Another show I would add to the list now would be Carnivale on HBO. Lost a lot of respect for that network when they didn't pick that one back up.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Yeah, Freaks and Geeks rules! My sister watched it on TV when it was new and we all watched it on the DVD this past year. It's one of my favorite all-time TV shows.

My dad, sister, and I went to see Paul Feig (the creator) this summer at a book signing/reading and he talked about what the future plans for F&G were, including Neil in show choir and Kim getting pregnant. I think it should have at least lasted two or three seasons, one was not enough.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

WOW!!!!! Another NOWHERE MAN FAN!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!
    Yeah, Nowhere Man was the ultimate "Conspiracy Theory" show. It finished one full season as I remember. They did "end" the show with it's surprising final episode, but it was left open for more. I really wish it had been picked up for another season.

The opening of the show was narrated as such:

"My name is Thomas Veil, or at least it was. I'm a photographer, I had it all: a wife, Alyson, friends, a career. And in one moment it was all taken away, all because of a single photograph. I have it; They want it; and they will do anything to get the negative. I'm keeping this diary as proof that these events are real. I know they are... They have to be. "
    How cool is that?

This series is due for release in December! Stats say it will have 9 discs with 25 episodes. Here's the link for more info:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasei...ReleaseID=5294

Oh, and here's the official site:

http://www.nowheremandvd.com/

BTW, Tru Calling has finally been released on DVD Season One and now Season Two. I really loved this show and wish it would get picked back up. It seems a no brainer with all the other paranormal programs that have hit this year! Anyway, for all you Tru fans out there the Season Two set I bought from Best Buy has an unaired final episode with a Christmas theme. I really enjoyed the final episode, but it left me wanting more.
    May the force be with you.

Alright!!!!! I am definately putting that on my Netflix que.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO (my all-time favorite TV show)...should've NEVER been cancelled!!! That show ruled.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Okay, just killing time over the past few days reading old threads and seeing what is what as I am Summer break from teaching. (and avoiding the rather tumultuous affairs involving petrol bombs in my neighbourhood, but anyway)

It's funny that the early posts mention Family Guy which has gone on from strength to strength. Since then I have really enjoyed V, The Event but most of all (ducking down in a flame retardant suit) Caprica which I thought was sublime and took the BSG universe in a totally unexpected place. I loved the acting, especially Amanda Greystone. I find it so confusing that they keep dreadful vampirotica shows going and going and <yawn> going. I saw a documentary on Sky Arts the other days which said that Sci Fi is the most popular genre on TV and Cinema. Now, I can sort of go with that for the movies, but on TV? That can't be right, surely??

What do you think? Do they mean popular as in 'the most shows produced' or as in 'the most demand for'?

jeddah
    NP - Zombie - Fela Kuti
    eVerlasTing