Thread: Falling Skies

Falling Skies

This show turned out to be a lot better than I thought.

That the Mech's looked really cheap bothered me at first, but the story and the art have gotten really good over the course of the first season.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yet another great show that has made my mandatory DVR list!
    May the force be with you.

The Captain was a very unusual bit of casting. He's interesting because he's not a giant, stud guy with a jock's physique (i.e. Kirk) but rather a small man with a drug addiction and a possible Napoleon complex, as well as some hidden pain having to do with the loss of his family in the initial alien attack.

The Christian girl really gets on my nerves. She's quite attractive, but in my cynical world outlook, she needs to lose her ideals and have her values system broken by this tragedy, and have an awesome sex scene. Already, with an extra-terrestrial invasion, the Christian human-centric world view should have been ultimately negated.

At Comic Con, the panel attendees got a free zip-up hoodie with an alien harness printed on the back.

The guy who plays Pope actually has short hair. His "do" is a wig. However, I love his rogue character. You never know what Pope is going to do.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It started out "mandatory" for me, but it hasn't really gone anywhere and the characters aren't very well fleshed out. They are rather cookie-cutter for me. It seems like this show should be so much more than it is. It's just not riveting. *shrug*

<---- "Falling Interest"
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I enjoyed it. I often forgot to watch it, but was able to catch it on demand when I didn't watch it live or on DVR. Looking forward to see what happens next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Christian girl really gets on my nerves. She's quite attractive, but in my cynical world outlook, she needs to lose her ideals and have her values system broken by this tragedy, and have an awesome sex scene. Already, with an extra-terrestrial invasion, the Christian human-centric world view should have been ultimately negated.
    I disagree. I think that in dark times like that, it is probably good that someone is still holding on to their faith. That could be the thing that keeps people going when everything seems hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Christianity is not "human-centric" by any means. That would be humanism which is completely antithetical to Christianity. Besides, the possibility of extraterrestrial life is not incompatible with Christianity at all. In fact, if you go by the technical definition of "extraterrestrial" (not originating on the planet Earth), then Christianity is all about extraterrestrial life.

Anyways, the fact that there is a Christian character on this show and she annoys you makes me think that this series might be worth checking out.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

As one of my buddies put it, Fallies Skies was the show V could've/should've been.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Too bad we have to wait until next summer for new eps.