View Poll Results: What are your plans for the Star Wars Celebration in Inidianapolis?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be attending because I enjoyed the Denver Con.

14 8.70%
  • I am going because I've never been to a Star Wars Con.

42 26.09%
  • I will be attending mostly to get the exclusive figure.

8 4.97%
  • I'm not going because I was disappointed with the Denver Con.

3 1.86%
  • I won't go because I'm concerned with airline safety.

1 0.62%
  • I can't go because traveling costs too much for me.

39 24.22%
  • I will go for another reason.

15 9.32%
  • I won't be going for another reason.

39 24.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What are your plans for the Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis?

What are your plans for the Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis?

Let's discuss our options!

Hooray!! I'm the first one to vote!! I can't make it because I'm leaving the Army in March and I might not be able to afford travelling all the way to Indiana. I'd like to go but I don't see it happening, unless unemployment pays much more than I've been told.

I have to cover the show... so I picked other. I did attend the Denver con and it was very unorganized and wet.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I'm going because I've never been! I missed out on Colorado (but from what everyone tells me that was a good thing ) so I don't want to miss out on this one. I've already got my passes and am registered at a cheap motel on the outskirts! Now's all I have to do is get a shirt printed up that says

I AM ROLLO TOMASSI
    . AT
    SSG:THE COOLEST SW WEBSITE!

That way all you chuckleheads'll know it's me!

I won't be going because I can't imagine it being worth the cost. Now, if they were having it in February in Hawaii...
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

I'll probably be going. I might have to use it as a B-Day gift from my parents or something.

I had a great time at the Denver Convention. The weather could have been better, but it was fun traveling with friends from San Diego, meeting my internet friends - many for the first time, and making new friends - all through Star Wars. That was the best part.

That and viewing all the new products in person! This time around, we will already have the Episode II toys for about 2 weeks BEFORE the convention (April 22 versus May 3), but I still love talking with Hasbro and seeing products like the Episode One cup-toppers from KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut which I first saw in Denver before they were released - then made up my mind I was going to buy until I was sick of salsa and pizza!

I don't think the exclusive figure will be anything that great. If it's important, Hasbro would release it in the main line of figures for general retail, or a Fan Club mail-away exclusive. If it's convenient, and I'm not missing anything else to do, see, or eat, I will try and get a figure. I don't care about that so much, really.

I also think it's generally safe to fly. I'm not really worried about any great airlines disasters - even after September 11. I drive on California's freeways every day, and that's taking your chances!

Costs are prohibitive, but I am going to economize and I'm not going there for shopping. That's not so much the point, though I'm sure there will be some cool things to buy - but mostly at outrageous prices. I mean if the Eopiee is $45 typically at Frank and Son's, how much do you think a dealer feels he could get when he's working with only Star Wars fans EXCLUSIVELY. I bet the thing will be marked up to $60 - and I won't buy it unless each is $20 or less (I want 4 total) So like I said, I'm not planning to get anything...

I think the Star Wars Celebration has so much more to offer! I'll be lost at all the free Star Wars video game demos! They'll even have the pinball machines!

See you there!

Indy Show

HI,
    I am very interested in attending the Indy Show. What are the dates and admission fees? What do you know about the exclusive figure??

I chose the "because Denver one sucked", but I didn't actually GO to Denver, I just covered it in the SSG news from home gathering e-mails and news clips till Steve got back online.

Actually, the real reason I'm not going is because Indianapolis has no appeal for me as a venue - if it were held somewhere more interesting or historic, I'd be tempted, but I've got zero interest in Indianapolis, none at all. Plus, it's far for me, which doubles up the issue.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No Brainer!

I live in Indianapolis. I will be going with my wife and my father-in-law (who will be coming from Virginia). I would have liked to go to Denver, but did not have the money. This will be great for me!! I am looking forward to the exclusive figure and more than likely will buy it. Although, I don't have high expectations for the figure (it will probably be a normal figure with different packaging like the theatre edition Luke). But I do have high expectations for the whole event. I know the venue is top notch! Did I read free video games? Excellent!!
    I believe that speak for everyone here when I say HUH?.