Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: StarWarsShop.Com

well i got the royal shaft with all their server problem nonsense... not only did i not get to place an order the first time they were open, i had no idea they had re-opened, and now the adventure kermit is sold out! GAH!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

So did the GREEN CLONE TROOPER BUST sell out on March 10? I can't get it to show up (my mom tried at 9 A.M. this morning too while I was at work).
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I had also commented about the Green Bust in the 'mini bust' thread. I can't believe that they had somehow sold all 2500 on the 10th. Here's hoping that some are not claimed, so that they'll go back up on the site. And that I get one They did have a few other things that I thought were cool, and would've bought, if I had a little more discretionary income right now.

It seems like the prices for the OTC fig's are fairly reasonable. Doesn't look like they're charging more then $7 / fig... haven't done the math though.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    well i got the royal shaft with all their server problem nonsense... not only did i not get to place an order the first time they were open, i had no idea they had re-opened, and now the adventure kermit is sold out! GAH!
    They're not really sold out. Basically, they told me it was a "vendor glitch" (or something of the like) and that's why they were marked as sold out. They're going to be shipping on Monday.

I've had nothing but problems with this site since it re-opened. I was one of those that placed an order on March 10th. I figured this would be a good time to get use of my gift certificate, but it didn't work out like that.
    To have been able to buy anything yesterday (and I think today), you had to have the confirmation number from the email they sent. Well, since I figured the transaction was invalid, I deleted that email about two weeks ago. So, I thought had no number.
    When I finally got one (it was on the invoice I printed out, even though the 10th number had been cut off, but I guess it ) and got back on to the site, the Kermits were "sold out." But I didn't know that that really wasn't the case. I wish I had because I could have bought what I wanted then.
    I emailed customer service asking if the Kermits would ever be back in stock (especially for those that should have been first in line... like myself. I did have those ordered on March 10th). That's when they explained the glitch. So, I tried again. Entered my number, expecting everything to work... Nope. "This number has already been processed." I guess you only get one chance with that, but because the Kermits had been marked "Out of Stock," I couldn't do anything earlier.
    I guess I could order them now, but I wanted to get mine with a figure assortment (which was in stock last night, but the site wouldn't let me log in or make a new account... yet another problem I had to email them about), but it's out of stock today.

Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

i just ordered mine!!! YAAAAAAAYYY!!!

i wonder if i will still get the one i'm bidding on on ebay?

I just ordered one too, awesome.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

aaaaaaannnnndd, i got this email today

Dear g[o4ƿ

Thank you for your order from www.starwarsshop.com.

Unfortunately, we have experienced some difficulty obtaining authorization on your credit card. We suggest that you contact your credit card company to resolve the problem or update your payment information directly on our website at www.starwarsshop.com.

If you have any questions or need assistance updating your payment information please immediately contact our customer service at: customerservice@starwarsshop.com.

The Star Wars Shop Team
    http://www.starwarsshop.com

You are receiving this email because you placed and order at StarWarsShop.com.

2004 Lucasfilm Ltd. | Privacy Policy | Security | Terms & Conditions.

i guess they tried to spell my name in aurabesh?

i called my bank, and they said there were no declines, no held transactions, and there's a pending transaction for starwarshop.com - i guess they didn't work all the bugs out of the apparently amateur code-writing that they got...
    Last edited by darthvyn; 04-17-2004 at 10:19 AM.

The site is crap IMO. I just looked at it for the first time and it is pure garbage. The prices are no better than e-tailers and in some cases worse.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

darthvyn, is it a Debit card they had trouble with? The old Fan Club's system had major problems with debit cards having auth problems which is why they stopped accepting them, this might be the same thing. If it's not, then that just stinks.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

it is, but when i called my bank's customer service # they had no problem with the transaction on their end - and i haven't gotten a response back from SWS for my email...

if they're having problems with debit auth, it's on their side, not my bank's. alls i wanted was my adventure kermit...