Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oscars Sold Out to Lords Trilogy

I can see best picture and possibly best director but best Art Direction & Set Decoration. That would be like giving it to Ep. II. It just doesn't float. Too much CGI and too many green screens. Especially when its up against movies with little to no cgi or green screens.

I don't know if this is a "here's your awards, thank goodness these movies are over" or a reward for a body of work. I'm sorry that doesn't work either. They have special Oscars for bodies of work.

It's a shame when there are much more deserving movies out there that are getting the shaft for no good reason. Look my paint box picture beat your hours and hours of sweat and hard work on an actual set.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Maybe it's winning because it deserves it? I dunno; i maybe biased as i'm a LOTR junkie, but i'm giddy beyond all belief for all the recognition it's getting tonight. Go LOTR!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I can see best picture and possibly best director but best Art Direction & Set Decoration. That would be like giving it to Ep. II. It just doesn't float. Too much CGI and too many green screens. Especially when its up against movies with little to no cgi or green screens.

I don't know if this is a "here's your awards, thank goodness these movies are over" or a reward for a body of work. I'm sorry that doesn't work either. They have special Oscars for bodies of work.

It's a shame when there are much more deserving movies out there that are getting the shaft for no good reason. Look my paint box picture beat your hours and hours of sweat and hard work on an actual set.
    They used a TON of actual settings and BUILT alot more sets to compliment the CGI sets made. Use your common sense.

It deserved it. NO question in my mind
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Don't look too much into it, Sidiously. The Academy also gave it up for Titanic a few years ago, know what I mean?
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah. And seriously, did you see the list of stuff it was up against? It was almost a guarenteed win. Especially when the academy had stiffed it in 2003 and 2002. So they're just finally giving props. Frankly I see these 11 wins being for the whole series. Since it's really one long movie, chopped into parts. And like JBFF said....Titanic won 11 also, and it sucked arse.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ah, Lord of the Rings deserved each and every one of those oscars, mr. binksy. It has proved itself worthy of every possible award and has shown its greatness above even the SW Saga in my opinion.

11/11!!! WOOOHOOO!!! (blares the score for ROTK and dances around room)
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Yeah, it did deserve them. Because 2003 was a crappy year for movies. And there was no competition for the films. So of course it won. The Academy normally stiffs fantasy, horror, and sci-fir movies. So these wins are only really an apology for stiffings on Fellowship and The Two Towers. Especially since Return of the King was the worst film of the three. Winning Oscars means squat, awful movies win Oscars. Titanic being the King of Crap.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm going to say this last thing, Mr. Binks and then leave it alone, at least for me: Return of the King and the LOTR films have proved themselves to be worthy pieces of cinema. Whether you like to admit it or not, the LOTR movies have had FAR more success both critically, financially and with movie goers than the SW films. You can complain and moan about "Titanic" and all that jazz, but frankly, i'm not going to listen because i know that ROTK deserved each and ever oscar up there. I am delighted as a LOTR and SW junkie that LOTR was recognized as it earned all its awards. I know it maybe hard for some folks to accept that their beloved SW saga is fading a bit when it comes to popularity and at times, quality, but i'm not going to crack on anybody for their denial; its' their choice. CONGRATS TO THE LOTR CAST AND CREW!!! woohoo!!!

Plus, if the oscars are "crap" in your opinion, why are you so critical of ROTK winning them? let it go if you're so anti-oscar.

I never said I was critical. I never said I wasn't happy that it won. All I said is that the Academy only recognized him, and the films, because of all the negative reactions they received in 2003 and 2002 when other movies beat it out. The movies are good, but Fellowship is still the best of the three. The other two are just glorified battle movies with little to no story. If it wasn't for a decent build up in Fellowship, you wouldn't care about anyone in the other two films.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks