Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

The Devil's Rejects

Ah yes, what a clever way for me to draw the unsuspecting into a thread that's about the House of 1000 Corpses sequel! Those who hated the first film are free to leave the thread now.

In case you are a slow one, The Devil's Rejects is the official title for the House of 1000 Corpses sequel. But wait, there is more! What more, you ask? Well, maybe a small idea of what the plot of this film is about? Well, read away my fellow Corpses fans:

However divided genre fans may be over Rob Zombie's debut House of 1000 Corpses, there is a fanbase out there and they're drooling and clamoring for the latest news on Corpses 2.

Originally, Lions Gate got a tad ambitious by stating in the trades that the film would be ready in time for this spring. Hell, Zombie hasn't even started shooting yet. A script is done, however, and courtesy of Rob's lovely assistant, we've got the official title for the follow up: The Devil's Rejects. It's a moniker that'll draw in the church groups, won't it? According to Rob's assistant, the name is stemmed from "the nickname the media has bestowed upon our favorite band of murderers." Furthermore, we've learned that the plot also surrounds a band of bounty hunters led by Sheriff Wydell's brother who is fueled by revenge when he finds out that his kin was slain by the Firefly family.

Zombie has said in interviews that the sequel will pick up shortly after the first with the Firefly clan going on the road after their house is burned down and a few family members have been gunned down during a police raid.

Moseley, Haig, and the rest of the cast are all on board. Apparently some big news concerning new cast members will be arriving soon.
    This news came care of the great guys at www.creature-corner.com

So we all have this straight, this will be the official thread for all things HO1C2, or The Devil's Rejects.

Anyone else seeing the resemblance between this and TCM2? I guess it is the family member seeking vengeance thing.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

DAWWWWWWWWWWG WILL HUNT.

Yep, I was thinking Lefty Enright all the way as I read that synopsis.

I'm a big fan of HO1KC and I think it is a fun little film. Sequel? I went back and forth over whether or not I want to see one. For awhile I heard rumors that the devil's rejects would run into ANOTHER band of crazy people and I wasn't sure what to feel about it. Maybe that will still happen while they are on the lam ?

I'm definitely intrigued by this and I'll easily see it to find out what Zombie comes up with. Can't wait.

Sounds sweet. I loved HO1C as well and really like the idea of a sequel.

I also remember reading the rumors of a run in with an even worse group of baddies but I hope they dropped that idea or it wasn't true. The whole bounty hunter angle sounds like a better idea to me but like you said Caesar they could incorporate both I suppose. I hope the sequel doesn't go for the more comedic approach TCM2 did though. Don't get me wrong I like TCM2 but I'd like to see HO1C2 do something more original while maintaining the shock value I so loved in the first.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: The Devil's Rejects

More news on this for the three of us who have interest in the film:

Ken Foree is happy [to] announce that Rob Zombie and Lion's Gate Pictures have signed him up to star in the sequel to HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES. According to imdb.com, the new movie will be titled THE DEVIL'S REJECTS and has an expected release date of 2004. Ken Foree will play "Charlie", Captain Spaulding's "brother".
    http://www.kenforee.us/

That's just...well, that's just great. I wonder how this is going to work. Maybe Charlie will be Capt. Spaulding's "street brother." Props to anyone who recognizes how street brother relates to Ken Foree.

EDIT-Updated information. It is now confirmed that Ken Foree will be in this film as well as one other surprise star. Rob Zombie had this to say to Creature-Corner:

Yes, the rumors are true Ken Foree [Dawn of the Dead] has signed on to play Charlie Altamont aka Captain Spaulding's pimp brother. If that ain't enough for you horror fiends Michael [The Hills Have Eyes] Berryman has signed to play Clevon, Charlie's dim witted sidekick.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 04-16-2004 at 07:27 PM.

Ken Foree and Sid Haig together in this movie ? AWESOME ! ! !

Berryman, there's a nice pick.

What ever happened to the unedited / extended release of House of a 1000 Corpses?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

No one really knows, evenflow. It looks like the version we have now on DVD is all there's going to be. Who knows, maybe after Devil's Rejects is in theaters there will be a release of it on dvd as the unrated version. I'd be very surprised if that happened, but who knows.

Devil's Rejects. Sounds like my kind of movie.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    What ever happened to the unedited / extended release of House of a 1000 Corpses?
    I read in an interview a while back that Rob does indeed want and plans to do an extended cut of the first film. He stated that in doing a Director's Cut he'd like to incorporate the cut scenes back into the film rather than just having them available as extras on a bonus disk. That whole process takes time and right now he is focused solely on getting the sequel done first. So who knows maybe by the time HO1C2 comes out on DVD we'll get the uncut version of the first film too.

I love the new cast additions as well. Rob seems to have a real appreciation for the classics and thats great.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Rombie Zombie let the guys over at Creature-Corner know that he's hired Kane Hodder as a stunt coordinator for the film.

It keeps getting better.