Luke from Target Collector Cup Set

I just saw the pictures of the Luke that comes with the Target Collector Cup. What gives? I thought he was supposed to have a removable helmet? This looks to me like the same figure that shipped with the Wal-Mart Snowspeeder. Am I correct?
    "This is bad. [I]Episode I[/I] bad!"
    - Andrew the Geek, [I]Buffy the Vampire Slayer[/I]

"Saying the Yankees have a rivalry with the Red Sox is like saying the hammer has a rivalry with the nail."

I don't remember exactly what the snowspeeder luke looks like, but this one appears to be more like the original orange carded POTF2 x-wing luke.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The original POTF2 version did not have the hose sticking out of the chest box and the vest; the Wal-MArt one did. And I think the paint scheme is a little different. But the first picture I saw of the Collector Cup appeared to be the Wal-Mart Snowspeeder Luke's body with the POTJ Luke X-Wing head sculpt and removable helmet. I'm wondering why it was changed.

"Saying the Yankees have a rivalry with the Red Sox is like saying the hammer has a rivalry with the nail."

Yeah the version that was recently posted, it's the Luke that was rehashed to the POTJ Snowspeeder. That Luke used arms, head, and legs molded from the POTF2 Luke and the torso from Biggs. The pics earlier that Hasbro released (and the Luke depicted on the back of box) had Luke with the POTJ Pilot head and removeable helmet.

I'm hoping the one we've seen packaged was just a prototyped, because the removeable head one looked well worth the $10. However if it is the POTJ Snowspeeder Luke without removeable helmet, then I'm gonna swear off the glasses.

(Considering I was gonna buy one of each, and extras of Luke and Leia... Hasbro's lost $70 from me. )
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

You know, I don't know why I'm surprised. This is just like Hasbro. When I first heard about these sets, the Luke set was the only one I was excited about because it included the only "new" figure. So they go and ruin it by included a re-released figure. Oh well. Looks like I'll be saving some money, too.

I wasn't impressed with these when i saw the pictures of them, but i do feel bad for those folks who wanted them and are disappointed. Leave to hasbleh to ruin a perfectly decent promotion!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'm actually relieved, I didn't want to shell out for one of these to get a new figure - now it looks like I won't have to.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Ugh, what a joke. I was really hoping for a good snowspeeder pilot Luke, but I guess not this time. Is it that hard to give him a different head and helmet? At any rate the cups still look good. I'll be displaying the figures next to the cups (which may or may not be used, the paint may wear off) so I guess it doesn't matter too much that all of these are all old. I just want a good snowspeeder pilot.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by angellus
    You know, I don't know why I'm surprised. This is just like Hasbro. When I first heard about these sets, the Luke set was the only one I was excited about because it included the only "new" figure. So they go and ruin it by included a re-released figure. Oh well. Looks like I'll be saving some money, too.
    I was very excited and was just going to get this one. But now, like most everyone else, I am going to back away from that rehash.
    I didn't care if the body was rehashed, but the head is that awful 1995 sculpt. Hasbro screwed us over again.
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

I had no intention of getting any of them, but now it is confirmed. They should of sold the glasses with out figures. Scalpers can have a field day with these.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten