Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Question What is up with Wal-Mart?

A little while back I was at the Super Wal-Mart here in El Paso at around 8:00 AM doing some early morning Star Wars hunting before going to work. When I walked in I noticed a large group of Wal-Mart employees clustered together next to the perfume section and paid it little mind as I made my way to the Star Wars aisle. I figured they were just having an average everyday meeting before starting the day shift.

Coming out of the Star Wars aisle with nothing but a Gungan Warrior (this was a few months ago) I headed over to the magazine section. Before I got there, though, I began to hear this rhythmic clapping. I looked up and saw all the Wal-Mart employees clapping in unison and begin to chant, "Wal-Mart! Wal-Mart! Wal-Mart!...." This went on for a good 30 seconds! Totally freaked me out!

The first thing that popped through my head was, "What kind of brainwashed, Satanic ritual is this?" It was creepy. As in "back out slowly before you get offered as a human sacrifice kind of creepy." I quickly paid for my Gungan and left the store without looking back.

I just want to know, has anyone else observed this bizarre behavior pattern in the animal we call the Wal-Mart Employee? Is El Paso just the center of Satanic Wal-Mart worshiping? I'd urge anyone with the time to spare to go and try to witness, first-hand, this totally disturbing yet hilarious ritual at your local Wal-Mart.

If you do, be sure to laugh loudly and point and maybe snap these people out of the evil spell Wal-Mart seems to have cast over them.

it was probably just a pep rally to get everyone pumped up about the $35 bucks(before taxes) they were about to earn.

Or they, like alot of store employees, had just hidden the newest figures so that they could sell them to scalpers and they were gathered around so they could see if anyone went to the SW aisle to become dissapointed from the lack of new SW figures and the employees could get a kick out of it. So you could've just been another victim of greedy store employees.

Hard to sense the dark side is.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yes, I too have witnessed this ritual at my local Wal-Mart here in Iowa.

It was in the late afternoon/early evening when there are a lot of customers in the store. I felt sorry for them for being forced to do such a thing.

Suggestion:
    We should find out what times they have their shift change pep rally and be there at that time so we can chant along with them.
    All your base are belong to us!

Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan
    Suggestion:
    We should find out what times they have their shift change pep rally and be there at that time so we can chant along with them.
    How sad is that!

When they say "wal mart over and over again reply with "Toys 'r' US","Toys 'r' US", Toys 'r' US" etc etc that will annoy them
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Nah. I'd rather chant "Target,Target."

Chant:

Wal-Mart - They'll laugh with you
    Toys-R-Us - They'll be annoyed
    TARGET - They'll laugh at you
    K-mart - They'll be hurt.
    K*B - You'll get hurt.
    A scalper store name - They'll pat their wallets.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Our Wal-mart has gotten so sorry its not funny.Forget about Star Wars toys all together,and just about anything else you came for.Thier scanners don't work,can't find any help and when you do you wish you didn't.If Mr. Walton knew he would be doing back flips in his grave.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

my walmart just got in a huge shipment of the luke and maul deluxe figures. about 50 total, the glowing skull vader wave is plentiful, luke and yoda 2 pack is everywhere, and they just restocked the han, DS trooper, DS droid wave.

you'd think the manager was a star wars fan.

I've seen this at a few Wally Worlds. Frightening.

Last time, I was in the next aisle looking at deodorant or shampoo or something like that. I was in a mean mood and, after they cheered, I said loudly, "Jeez, how pathetic is that? You'd think they just won the damn lottery."

They also cheer at Target occasionally--get there right at opening and you'll see what I mean.
    Tommy, close your eyes.