Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What if they did OTC Jabba's Palace figures...

I wanted to start a thread for discussion of a rather scene specific area, but only because it' such a fun area for action figuers. Jabba's palace has been one of my favorite parts of all the star wars films, and as more and more of the background characters are being made into figures I thought it would be fun to discuss what could still be made to fill in our jabba scenes. If the OTC collection continues beyond 04, or even if there are more figures coming later in the year perhaps some of these might see the light of day.

I was hoping someone that was good with the background character names might be able to dig up the characters from jabba's palace that haven't been named.

As for my own personal wishes, I'd love to get the drummer pair to finish the rebo band, that guy that Leia pushes into the wall when she enters jabbas court as Boushh. And I was looking at the potf2 bib fortuna figure the other day and really noticed how crappy of a figure it is. It looks more like it's supposed to be bib after he gained about 100 extra pounds. Plus his outer cape just doesn't look right. So I for one would love to see a new Bib fortuna.

Now i'm not saying these would be in the super articulated line, just the plain otc line. So anyone wanna share what they'd like to see from jabba's palace.

Well they just did a whole Jabbas Palce thing. Thats probably why we didnt get any. Yes there are plenty more that could be up there, but we unfortunatly are going to have to wait.

I would like tosee the following

Bib Fortuna resculpt
    Gam. guard resculpt
    3PO w/ slime
    3Po with eye popped out
    Hermi Odle
    Yarna
    Oola carded.
    Max Rebo and the band carded
    Sny Snootles
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I would like tosee the following

3PO w/ slime
    3Po with eye popped out
    yeah maybe but please don't encourage them. Wouldn't you rather see previously unmade background aliens and guards before they go on the inevitable core character rehashing rampage. We know they're going to make these 3P0 variations anyway. I'm not saying forget about these suggestions - just put them lower on your list - surely you have a good 3P0 (with snot on it or something) as a stand-in in the meantime. Do you have a stand-in for Yarna gargarin? I imagine not. So lets get her out there first. Don't think me self-contradictory but Bib Fortuna definitely needs a redo ASAP - the one we have is not a convincing 'stand-in' in the least...a blight on my jabba diorama.

Oh and theres a thread up now for 'as yet unmade ROTJ figures', i haven't looked at it but judging by the threads for 'as yet unmade ANH&ESB figures' it probably names every background character and his auntie that appears in jabba's palace.

I was just listing off the top of my head, no particular order. But with the way Hasbro likes to throw core characters out there, its a good chance we will see them first.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

thats just it isn't it. Hasbro will choose the order in which they release figures and those lesser priority (for us) suggestions you made will get top billing and we'll have to wait years to fill out our diorama with new characters. I thought they'd changed their ways with both j'quille and the elom for 2004 but they only did that because they could get away with using the same body sculpts.

Just look at the gigantic list someone came up with for figure possibilities for ESB - countless background hoth and imperial characters to fill out the current drab ESB line and of the figures he mentioned, Hasbro would most likely have their eyes on "han solo w/welding goggles", "leia w/welding kit" - reaccessorised core character rehashes.

Anyway I'm hoping for all the different weequays and human skiff guards to end on a more on-topic, less cynical note.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo
    thats just it isn't it. Hasbro will choose the order in which they release figures and those lesser priority (for us) suggestions you made will get top billing and we'll have to wait years to fill out our diorama with new characters. I thought they'd changed their ways with both j'quille and the elom for 2004 but they only did that because they could get away with using the same body sculpts.

Just look at the gigantic list someone came up with for figure possibilities for ESB - countless background hoth and imperial characters to fill out the current drab ESB line and of the figures he mentioned, Hasbro would most likely have their eyes on "han solo w/welding goggles", "leia w/welding kit" - reaccessorised core character rehashes.

Anyway I'm hoping for all the different weequays and human skiff guards to end on a more on-topic, less cynical note.
    By not giving us Yarna now is the plan. After EP3 when the whole line is starting to fizzel, they will offer up these figures. Its a way to keep us involved.

IF GL holds true and EpIII is the LAST Star Wars movie, I figure we've got 1 maybe 2 good collector years left. That's it. The decline in interest after EpIII will be rapid (as it was after ROJ), and I don't really see much activity past 2008-2009. There's no way they'll be pumping out the 50 plus figures per year we've seen since EpII. 2005-2006 will be mainly EpIII figures with maybe a few nuggets thrown in, after that we might see another year of interesting stuff (like this year) - and that will likely be it. Not to be pessimistic or anything, but I don't foresee Yarna or Hermi. Ever.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yarna Da'l Gargan
    Hermi Odle
    Ak-Rev
    Umpass Stay
    Sgt. Doallyn
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

For mucho Jabba's Palace background character names, check out my thread titled "OTC Figures yet to be Made, Pt. 3: ROTJ" in this (Original Trilogy Collection) forum. It's got every name that I know of.

Sorry, technical difficulties, see next page for my post!
    Last edited by Droid; 03-03-2004 at 10:28 AM.