Question Millennium Falcon's Jedi ball

Ok this is another question about string. I've had my Millennium Falcon for a couple of years now and I've known the thread the used on the Jedi ball and arm was not the original, it's some dirty white thread that's way to long. So my questions are what color was the original string? About how long was it? And was it string or thread?
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I seem to recall that it was black, and a very fine, thin black thread, not string. It dangled from the gray (or white?) post that attached to the Falcon "living room" area inside. Could be wrong, however, as mine is long gone.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I seem to recall that it was black, and a very fine, thin black thread, not string. It dangled from the gray (or white?) post that attached to the Falcon "living room" area inside. Could be wrong, however, as mine is long gone.
    That makes sense to me. Every other string or thread in the vintage line is black. But my Falcon box shows what appears be a white thread. The arm (post) is a light gray, the same as the rest of the ship.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

It might have been white, to give the appearance of floating.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten