Thread: The Apprentice

Hybrid View

The Apprentice

As someone who didn't watch any reality series regularly (with the exception of "Millionaire") I am hopelessly devoted to this show on NBC.

Basically, a contingent of young men and women from different business backgrounds, divide into two teams and compete against each other in various contests that involve wheeling and dealing, selling, profit, and more. The team that is successful gains immunity while the losing team has to face "The Don" (Donald Trump) in the boardroom where one of them gets fired.

I have a lot to spout off for and against this show, but I'll save much of it for later. Basically, I only see a few rising stars among the original pack of 14 (I believe that was the number) and Amy seems like the one who will win it all because she is the common denominator to whatever team that wins.

Most of the men suck, especially Nick, who has in my opinion, hung on only because of his personality. He is all bark and no bite and couldn't sell his way out of a paper bag.

Omarosa was a good talker and seller, but she brought out the worst in everyone, plus her excuses seemed lame so she got the axe last week.

Any predictions for next week or for the eventual winner?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I love this show and hope that the winner is either Troy, Bill, or Kwame. All of the other contestants annoy me and I hope they all get fired.

Amy bothers me; she's way too mouthy. I hate the romantic angle that the producers are trying to edit into the show. Nick is creepy and Amy is overrated.

I can't wait to see Heidi get canned. What a witch she is !

Not that this show is "real" by any means, but even if it was, the contestants matter very little. The star of the show is of course Trump and also George and Carolyn.

Wow, I can see that we got quite the following of "The Apprentice" here on SSG.

Caesar, I think that Kwame is a habitual loser with little leadership skills. Troy has the skills but is also a habitual loser as well. That might factor into Mr. Trump's final decision. Bill is okay, but rides on the coattails of others, especially Amy who I think will be the eventual and rightful choice.

George and Carolyn hold an extreme amount of sway. Donald has to rely on their observations since he cannot monitor the activities of the two groups. If they taint their observations with more opinions then facts, then it could wrongly influence Don in his decisions. I'd like to see Donald pop up a lot more during the competitions.

They said the lines for the interviews for "The Apprentice Season 2" stretched three blocks in NYC.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Re: The Apprentice

Well, I agree that Amy is going to win but only by default, I guess.

You're right about Kwame - personallly he seems like a good guy but he's probably more of a technical guy, kind of like George is to Trump . . . who knows.
    Troy is wild and he seems cool, too - but seriously, I don't see him winning. Nick is a weasel and he won't make it . . .

Ahhh, who cares, hopefully Katrina will get fired tonight. She's overdue.

Katrina got the axe tonight. You kinda knew that as soon as Amy's team lost since there was no way that she would have brought her boyfriend Nick into the final cut. She didn't impress me either.

What's with George? Does he really have more important things to do then screening future apprentices for his boss on a national t.v. reality show? On assignment again and they brought in another new schlub to fill his spot.

Nick is overdue for a firing. He seems ripe again for a loss, and tonight his skills attracting customers were once again lackluster. Look for him or Kwame to go next week.

I don't mind Kwame getting fired eventually, I just want Nick to go before him.

I read the article in People and that little romance didn't last long, from what I've read . . .