Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OTC confusion....

Ok, I've seen the pics of them and, since I now have the money, I want to start collecting this new series.

Here's the problem. I've heard there are 12 figures coming out in the OTC line and 3 vehicles. I see where the vehicles can be pre-ordered, but the figures are a bit confusing.

Kebco sells these by the cases, but lists 2 different cases (1 with 8 figures and 1 with 12 figures). The 1 with 8 figures costs more than the 1 with 12 figures.....why? And between the 2 cases, I'm counting a total of 13 different figures....how is that possible when there is only 12 coming out? I'm thinking they named the Luke Skywalker figure wrong in one of the cases, which is where the 13th figure comes from.

So is there only 12 coming out? And if so, where is a good site to pre-order just the 12 coming out? I don't need doubles, just 1 of each of the 12. Thanks for any help guys and gals.

Hey CooLJoE,
    There are two different 3 3/4" SW lines from Hasbro this year:

The 12 figure cases are the OTC collection: Regular figures in sortof a hybrid Saga/Vintage packaging (big bubble, black w/silver outline). This will have the Dagobah Luke, Hologram Obi, some re-releases, etc... As far as I know, Hasbro hasn't announced how many there will be.

The 8 figure cases are the Vintage OTC figures. These are the special super articulated figures in the vintage replica packaging. They will also have an extra outer protective case and will retail for around $10 ea (hence the higer price for the case of 8). There will be 12 figures from this line, 4 for each OT flick.

There are pictures & figure lists in other threads here too.
    Hope this helps!

Yes, with the OTC line, Hasbro has announced alot of figures. The above mentioned, Luke, Yoda, Dirty R2 from dagobah. The Luke will have 2 heads and 2 sets of arms, torecreate his balancing on one hand, and the others are for regular display tocarry Yoda around in his backpack. Holographic ben and a muddy R2. The Bespin wave will consist of Bespin Leia, Lobot and a new Cloud Car Pilot. There will also be vehicles released sucj as Falcon, X-Wing, Tie and Sandcrawler.

The SA line is going to cost more and only ship once. June July and AUgust for each movie. Figures are listed on main page in the Q&A from Hasbro.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

So is there any place that lets you pre-order both of the OTC lines? Or am I stuck buying the cases (which I don't want cuz of the duplicates).

BigBadToyStore has pre-orders for the 1st set of 4 so far (I'm sure they will offer the other waves too). I'm thinking about pre-ordering from them since I've had great service from them in the past. It is more than retail ($44.99), but IMO it's worth it since it saves the hassle of trying to get rid of unwanted figures.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toysta...Queryid=pre838

Hasbro in their recent Q&A also mentioned that OT figures will have OTC stickers on the bubbles meaning that any prequel figures will just be in the same packaging (the new Hybrid Saga cards) just no sticker...that means the GH Swami report of Sly Moore, Sen Yarnua and Pablo Jill is probably still right and will happen in 3rd Q 2004

Its quite possible, but that was just rumor and speculation.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Cool

Reefer Shark - Thanks. I'll have to preorder those 4 so I don't get stuck with extras. I'll take the hit on price since I can't be sure any of my local stores will ever get them in stock.

Let me see if I have this correct on how it works though...

There are 4 coming out now and 8 later on (12 total...4 from each old trilogy movie) that will be packaged on the original 70s/80s Kenner card backs and in hard plastic clam shell protector cases.

Then there are a bunch of others coming soon that will be on Saga cards with OTC labels? Or will they be on special OTC card backs (different from the first 12 I mentioned).

I want to try and get both collections, but not the 2nd set if its on Saga cards. I only want them on OTC cards. Thanks again guys/gals, this is a definite help.

I believe the last figures on Saga cards will be the Star Destroyer Wave: Admiral Ozzel, New Dengar, New Bossk. After that we'll be seeing the new black and silver cards.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008