Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The Sopranos Season 5

I saw last week's but not this week's yet, it was a pretty good episode. So far I like what I see in season 5. Caesar, I know what you mean about the hunchback scene. That was so funny I laugh out loud everytime I even think about it. Another funny thing from season 4 was when ralphie called paulie's mother. Actually, most of the scenes involving Paulie and his mother were awesome, escpecially the nursing home ones set against those with Tony and his mother from season 1. Priceless.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Good call Bosskman, I liked that rift between Ralphie and Paulie as well.

evenflow, I don't know about your feeling on Christopher. It's certainly possible but as for right now I think he will be fine. However, he can only get so many breaks because of who he's related to . . . so I see your point. Right before the season 4 intervention, Tony told Chrissy that if he was anyone else, he would have gotten clipped and we've seen Paulie tell Christopher this season that he doesn't care who he's related to. So at SOME point, Christopher might get too out of line and Tony will have no choice to but to take him out. He can't risk losing the respect of too many more men. That, and drawing down on the boss in public looks REALLY bad !

That's what I love about this show. You never know what will happen next.

I have been loving this season. I don't have HBO, but I have found a way....to errr.....watch The Sopranos.

Everytime I see Adrianna, I get a sick feeling in my stomach. I know she's gonna get popped eventually, because they are bound to find out. I thought this might be the week they did. I don't know why anyone ever agrees to help the FBI. THat NEVER works out.

I don't think Chris is on his way out. Soon, his fiance' won't be around to cause problems. At least that's what I think.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I think Adriana's days are numbered too. I knew it ever since the ep where she puked all over the FBI office. I get the same sick feeling. As much as I hate to say it, I think Paulie's on his way out too. His rift with Christopher and the situation with the russian are gonna come back and bite him in the arse. Plus, lets not forget his conversations with Jonny Sac. It's too bad because Paulie's one of my favorite character - you gotta love his paranoia.

Well I'm now only one episode behind (finally watched 4 this afternoon). I'm happy Feetch was dealt with in that manner, I was thinking it would be a little odd to try and bump him off - too hard to sweep something like that under the rug and move on (I personally feel that there wasn't enough fallout from the death of Ralphie, there should have been a little more tension resulting from that, more focus on the police side, etc - but that's my job talking). Elliot's use of the "c word" was absolutely brilliant.

No update on Uncle Jun this episode. I'm pretty excited see the next one, he's back with Dr. Melfi!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I liked tonight's episode but it was my least favorite of the season. It wasn't bad, not at all, I just liked it the least. Paulie and Christopher both had some goofy ignorant comments which I laughed at, Paulie saying "Don't forget Pearl Harbor" even though Kim is Korean and of course Christopher misquoting Survivor by saying "keep your eye on the tiger."

Tony B. is starting to creep me out now. I was surprised at how pleasant he has been but of course now it's time for him to fall off the civilian wagon.

Hey, speaking of dealing with the feds, let's not forget that Barese is also wired for sound and he's still plugging along. Get this, I just watched an episode from Season 3 (the one with the Big P*ssy and Jackie Aprile Xmas flashbacks) and Barese is in there really talking trash about P*ss and how he flipped. Oh man, I totally forgot about that part and it was a real treat to rewatch it in light of our knowledge of his own rat-status from season 5.

Adrianna ***SPOILER***

Adrianna WILL survive through all of season 5 . . . Drea de Matteo is going to be on the new Friends Joey spinoff and *IF* that show takes off, they said Adrianna might leave during season 6 but for now she lives through season 5 and is signed on to do the shortened (10 episode) season 6. I believe I read that in Entertainment Weekly.

My sister said Carmela is supposed to turn into a lesbian. I sure hope not.

Well I caught up a little today; saw episodes 5 and 6. Not quite sure what the hell went on there between Tony B and Kim - that seemed disjointed as did Tony's desire to get back into the family business after the altercation. If he had failed the exam and then blown up on Kim, it would have made more sense. Everything for a reason, I suppose...... but I'm going to have wait and see about that whole episode.

Funniest line of the day: Silvio, after Chrissy is apprehended by the doormen at the Bing: "Oh! Everyone, enjoy your evening. Just an unhappy customer." The Pearl Harbour line was a close second.

GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Well I caught up a little today; saw episodes 5 and 6. Not quite sure what the hell went on there between Tony B and Kim - that seemed disjointed as did Tony's desire to get back into the family business after the altercation. If he had failed the exam and then blown up on Kim, it would have made more sense. Everything for a reason, I suppose...... but I'm going to have wait and see about that whole episode.
    I think the reason Tony B felt the desire to get back into the family buisness was mostly due to the money he found. After going out with the guys and blowing most of it on gambling he got a taste of the life his buddies were living. The fact the he couldn't join his friends for breakfast and Paulie's comments about going home to sleep for 14 hrs when he had to work with minimal rest didn't help either. How classic was it though watching him try to work in those shoes.

This weeks episode was great. The scene where Vito gets caught by Meadow's boyfriend with the security guard was surprising. The confrontation later outside the port-a-potty was hilarious and Vito in that huge Yankee shirt waiting for his date that didn't show was one of the best moments this season IMO. I'm betting Meadow's BF doesn't make it to the end of this season alive.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

I'm a big Aerosmith fan and I've been saying Finn looks like Joe Perry since he first appeared last season. Nice to see them use it on the show !

I don't think anything will happen to Finn. He certainly will not get clipped.
    That's part of the reason he proposed to Meadow, I think. He figures it will keep himself alive that way. None of those guys are going to go after the Princess' boyfriend.

And from a writing standpoint, I think it would be incredibly lame for Vito to kill ANOTHER one of Meadow's boyfriends 2 seasons later.

But I could be wrong.