Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: The Sopranos Season 5

I read an interview clip with David Chase regarding Season 6. He said something to the effect that there would still be some loose ends but hopefully there would be a sense of a story arc. Who knows what that means. From the beginning, Tony laments that things aren't like they used to be. I mean, why did he get Furio in the first place ? He needed a loyal soldier. Will Tony get killed ? Maybe, who knows. Personally, I'd rather see him go down like John did - hilarious.

I'm not making the assumption that Tony will become the Boss next season. New York still has plenty of other bosses and I would expect them to want one of their own in there before North Jersey.

Due to my sadness over the completion of season 5 and now the long wait until season 6, I started a new DVD marathon 2 nights ago. I went through 2 episodes each night so I've already polished off disc 1 of 16 (plus 2 full VHS tapes for season 5 since I'll be there before the DVDs come out ).

Anyway, it's been a real treat because I haven't watched these in quite a while ! It's weird to see how Tony has changed in 5 years. It's weird to see the pilot episode in which Father Phil and Irina are played by different actors. I'm reminded of Adrianna and how she was only credited as "hostess" in the pilot . . . they came up with the expanded role for her after she came on board. Fantastic all around !

It's great to see Big P*ssy again, it's great to see Mikey P (even though I hate him, I love to watch him). Livia Soprano, oh though I loathe her, man is she ever funny at times ! ! !

Seeing Jackie Aprile's funeral episode tonight, I am reminded to clear up an error I made a few pages back - I referred to old man Barese being wired in season 5 when I meant to say Ray Curtos. I believe Albert Barese dies of old age somewhere around season 2 (?) and of course Larry Boy is around from season 1-5. I just got confused between Albert and Ray.

Anyone else upset regarding recent news that we'll have to wait until 2006 for the sixth and final season.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

When in 2006 ?

I heard awhile ago that it won't be until 2006 but it sounded like it would early 2006, like January or February, hopefully.

I do know that they aren't shooting til next year so I've been resolved with this for awhile now.

When is season 5 coming to DVD? That's what I'd like to know.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    When in 2006 ?

I heard awhile ago that it won't be until 2006 but it sounded like it would early 2006, like January or February, hopefully.
    Yeah thats what I heard too. According to reports, David Chase hasn't even started writing the final season and is vacationing in France while the majority of the cast have other projects going on. Rumor has it that filming won't begin until March 2005 and it will be at least January 2006 before the show returns.

Still, 18 months seems like a long time to wait for a 10-episode season. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait as usual but I really hate waiting that long.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I'm watching this on DVD now, and I knew Adriana was going to get whacked. My girlfriend was freaked out when it happened, though. I had to remind her that mobsters are wolves, and a wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not yet eaten your sheep.

I can't help but think the finale will be anticlimatic since that was a big development!!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Traditionally Jon, it seems like the second to last episode of each season is the one with the bigger "pop", so to speak. I actually like it that way because it doesn't leave things open for as much of a cliffhanger.

You're right on time sir, with Season 6 part 1 coming to DVD on Tuesday !