Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Target Cup Sets - Just Plain Stupid

I found the first two of this set at a D.C./Baltimore area Target store. Let me say that these are one of the worst ideas ever. Rehashed figures with a plastic cup...all for $10

SO you get twopieces of plastic junk then? I thought it was going to be glass cups. Didnt Hasbro learn that no one wanted the force flippers? So instead we get force tumblers?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Didnt Hasbro learn that no one wanted the force flippers? So instead we get force tumblers?
    Ba dum! Thanks folks! Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Are the cups at least dishwasher safe for those of us who are going to open them up and use them?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Ba dum! Thanks folks! Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Are the cups at least dishwasher safe for those of us who are going to open them up and use them?
    Sure they are, just as long as you don't mind peeling the painted image off the bottom of your dishwasher!

Actually I have no idea. I doubt they would stand up in a microwave though. I've bought plastic cups that tell you never to use them in a microwave. Don't know anout these glasses though.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I found the OB1 one last night (the figure's the same as the one from POTJ, right?) and the cup looked like it was made from similar plastic to some cups we have at home. Unfortunately they now look like abstract art after a few trips through old washey.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

So are these being found in the toy department?

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    So are these being found in the toy department?
    That they are
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I found these today. They had one Maul and one Kenobi. They both suck and I am not going to be buying these. If the snowspeeder Luke has a removeable helmet, I will get him...MAYBE. The glasses are crap and could have been better if they'd been made of glass (what a novel idea).
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Well I saw the first two Target Cup Sets and I bought them, because I am - Just Plain Stupid! (See I worked the title into my post!) But, yes I did buy the Maul and Obi Wan cups, stupid little habit of mine. Had I seen other regular figures on the Target pegs though, the cups would have still been on the shelf. I needed a SW toy fix.

LESS THAN STELLAR...I saw the cups this weekend , and was not impressed. I saved my money and spent it at the flea market.
    later