Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunship #721

Gunship #721

Okay now that I may have figured out this whole photo shop deal here are a few more shots from my first try at the art of building a diorama. Again please let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-2 002.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	7832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-2 008.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	7833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-2 005.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	7834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-2 007.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	7835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-3 004.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	7836  

" You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

Pretty good! That has to be fairly large, as I see how big those gunships are. If you don't mind me asking, what are the numbers on the wings? Are thery just random numbers, or do they mean something? Also why are they there?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Very nice. Great first try, you will only get better from there.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Looks pretty good db. What's next?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Thanks alot for all the great comments!!!! As far as the numbers go I've always wished Lucas would have done something like this, I think it looks great and it gives more personality to the clones, you know like " TK 421 ". I also do some art work with colored pencils and I've done the whole number deal on one of my rouge " alien clones troopers " turned bounty hunter, I'll send off a pic it looks pretty cool. This is G.S. 721 the first wave unit, these guys are the ones who go in before anyone and clear the way for other Gunships. My next diorama will come from the cartoon series, I'm going to have Durge going up against about nine or ten clones on a muddy swamp planet while Ventress and Saesee Tiin face off in the backround. I just have to get my hands on the S.A. troopers! Thanks again for all the great feed back here are some more pics enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-3 001.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	7842   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-3 004.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	7843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-3 002.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	7844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.S.#721-3 007.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	7845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bolenta Mestien.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	7846  

" You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

that is one heck of a diorama. I wish I could do that good on one.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Re: Gunship #721

very awesome job
    I'm too lazy make make dioramas, despite how cool they are. I'll live my dreams through people like you! =P
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me

You mean people like me, eh CD?

Be looking on this Forum Section in the near future as Im ALMOST done with my Geonosis Diorama.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

DB very cool.

I still want to check out your artwork.

Later man.

Nice work, dirtybones. Very cool deployment scene.

I like the numbers on the republic gunships, just like tail numbers on USAF and US Navy aircraft. Gives the gunships some character, and a bit of realism. I have seen some customizers paint nose art on the gunships too.

I'm still army-building, but want to do something similar. Have two gunships so far, and a couple of squads of clone troopers. I'm doing some battle damage on both gunships. They look too clean out of the box, needs some wear-and-tear.