Page 114 of 595 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 5945
    how many times do we have to say that Soundwave is an ipod mini?

I think Hasbro is going to try to do $15 pricepoint and $25 pricepoint and $40 pricepoint, basically they're going to try to shoehorn the current-$10 figures into $15 prices because of the movie, and the same with the current-$20 figs into $25, but leave the $40 as-is.

My other guess is that they're going to do all the figures (all 10-14 of 'em ) in the current regular pricepoints ($7, $10, $20, $25, $40, $50) and do smaller and larger versions of each character spread throughout the specrtrum.

And then what? Hasbro said that what we've seen now is it for Classics, Cybertron is over, Alternators is on hiatus, what happens when the TF movie figures come out and everybody buys all 10 characters, what will the future of TF be from that point?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    what happens when the TF movie figures come out and everybody buys all 10 characters, what will the future of TF be from that point?
    Well, since Hasbro owns Transformers, moreso than Michael Bay ever will, Hasbro will add to the movie line "figures that 'could have been in the movie' like Mirage, Hound, Skywarp, etc." The toy line will continue from there.

If the movie is a huge hit, there might be pressure for Michael Bay to make a sequel - and possibly incorporate those specific characters into the next movie.

I doubt Michael Bay will be allowed to invent his own Transformers - such as Super-Sucker, who transforms into a vacuum cleaner, and put that into the next movie (if there is one).

I'm not sure how much control Hasbro has over the project, but I bet they're loving every inch they can take.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Bay's intention is to make this a running franchise, it's why he got into it, so he's likely going to want Hasbro to keep a light touch with new figures since he'll want to design from the ground up any new characters he includes in a sequel.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh cool! Then Super-Sucker will be in the next movie as well as the combiner "Bankruptor."

Soon to be our favorite Transformers in a Michael Bay release playing at a theater near you.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

they'll probably have figures at a $5 pricepoint as well. (titanium 3")

TF Titanium Series are not entirely handled by Transformers division, so I'm not counting them as an official line entry.

That may explain the QC problems. Ah well, I am skipping that line. All told, I am going to hunker down for the next year, and snag Cybertron and recolors there of.

I think that may be difficult, the Classics line will be taking over the shelves in the next 2 months, by the end of this year I believe Hasbro will have completely halted the CY line.

The Megatron figure looks sucktacular, but I have to say I was a bit impressed that the bio used the info from the old GIJoe and Transformers: Generation 2 comics that are (as far as I know) the only explanation ever given (in-universe) for why he changed from a gun to a tank.
    Tommy, close your eyes.