Page 118 of 592 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 5919
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Yeah, the movie stuff looks like crap.
    I bought Alternators and the MPE Prime because I thought I might want some Transformers when the movie became a reality - and that the movie products might be crap. It looks like I was right.

Now I'm pretty sure I'll stick with MPE G1 style / Alternator style toys.

I'll need:

a black Pickup Ironhide (just change Nemesis Prime and release him with a new head!)

a yellow Camarro BumbleBee - they have the Chevy license from Tracks already.

-something Alternator-style for Ratchet, in orange, tan, or yellow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MPE American release for Starscream with the G1 headsculpt
    MPE Megatron - perhaps as a tank(?) with the G1 headsculpt

Frenzy's movie figure might be OK
    Scorponok's movie figure might be OK - if it is large enough
    A movie-style MPE figure for Blackout - who knows if that chopper will be large enough?
    Wheeljack / Grimlock Alternator repainted and "policed-out" for Barricade
    A movie-style MPE figure for Brawl - to be big enough
    An Alternator(?) for Bonecrusher - I'm not sure about the scale.

What's with half the Decepticons' names starting with "b" anyway?

In any event, Alternator Meister works for Jazz and MPE Optimus Prime rules over anything they've done (well, hopefully I'll one day see Starscream).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I am a little bit of an expert on Beast Wars. At the end of the Cybertronian Wars, the Autobots and Decepticons reached a truce. In an effort to conserve energon, the next generation created were downsized into more efficient models. The downsized bots were called Maximals and Predacons, respectively. A few Autobots and Decepticons also made the conversion to Maximal and Predacon. Some Autobots and Decepticons still remain, but the planet itself was basically handed down to the decendants.
    So they essentially continued the process they supposedly began with the MicroMasters, eh?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i can't see those pics of the movie toys because i'm not registered at that site. oh well, i'll just take tycho's word for it and start collecting bionicles instead

I didn't have to register at any site to get to see the pictures. ???
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Yeah, the movie stuff looks like crap.
    i concur. ewww.

OH YEAH! Remy Rhodis is my hero, and posted this gallery of the upcoming Classics Optimus Prime (the Voyager one, not the two-pack one)

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act419/

The man takes some good pictures.
    awesome... i'm going to get this one.

what's the third guy from the left here, between the two that look like G1 prime in this pic? that's the "war within" prime, but from what collection? is it still available? he's pretty cool looking...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Look at all those pictures of Optimus Prime in red and blue, and next, look at Michael Bay's black semi-truck that's the wrong style. Why is he the only one that can't figure out that he's doing this wrong?

Could the money we all spend on Transformers treat Michael Bay for dyslexia?

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    what's the third guy from the left here, between the two that look like G1 prime in this pic? that's the "war within" prime, but from what collection? is it still available? he's pretty cool looking...
    That is the 6 inch Titanium WWI Prime that came out about a month ago. He's ok, arms are kinfa floppy. ( NO where near as terrible as his casemate Megatron though!) http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act415/

That lineup missed Orion Pax.

How lame is it that they repainted Kup and didn't even give him a new head? And he still has a TargetMaster partner? Uber-uber-lame.

And Wheelie certainly wasn't screaming for a re-release in any colors. I actually like the character of Wheelie, but the toy is possibly the worst Generation 1 Transformer ever.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So they essentially continued the process they supposedly began with the MicroMasters, eh?
    Exactly, but what the Maximals and Predacons added (mostly since visiting Earth and realizing that you can't always just scan the first machine you find to belnd in with the populace) was the genetic scanners and nanomimetic shells. Essentially, they can scan a lifeform and then mimic it as well--just to add another layer of disguise to the robots we know and love.

I don't know what the hell Beast Machines was supposed to be, as far as continuity was concerned, but the idea was that the Beast Wars were prelude to Megatron being able to affect his master plan to conquer Cybertron which played a part in Primus' master plan to re-incorporate organics into Cybertron and strike a balance between organic and machine. that when Primus and Unicron brought their battle into a the physical world, Primus took an organic planet and used it to create Cybertron while Unicron used his asteroid/planet to create a physical body. After Unicron was destroyed, it was destined that Cybertron would have make amends for destroying the organic life that was once there by uniting it with the technological life. That's the best sense I can make of the back story, but it's far easier not to try and just pretend like Beast Machines never happened.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Beast Machines was flawed, but intelligently written. Rather than having a few solid, idea-based episodes, like Generation 1 and Beast Wars, Beast Machines was an idea based series.

For continuity purposes, Beast Machines was set a but further in the future than the Pax Cybertronia, and, served as an ending point for the Beast years and Generation 1.