Page 124 of 565 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 5648
    "Craptobots wage their battle to defeat any quality control for the Junkticons."

Hasbro: Even less than meets the eye!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    What figures came at the end of Armada? Unicron is the only one I wouldn't gladly completely forget about.
    First off, I like nearly all the Minicons, but we'll set that aside.

Good sets:
    Demolishor (dlx, wave 1)
    Optimus Dlx (dlx, wave 3)
    Thrust (dlx, wave 4)
    Wheeljack (dlx, wave 5)
    Hoist (dlx, wave 5)
    Starscream (mega, wave 1)
    Megatron/Galvatron (ultra, wave 1 & 2)
    Jetfire (ultra, wave 2)
    Tidal Wave (ultra, wave 3)
    Optimus Prime (super)
    Unicron (supreme)

Granted, it's not the greatest entries in TF history for the most part, but there was some decent stuff.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    First off, I like nearly all the Minicons, but we'll set that aside.

Good sets:
    Demolishor (dlx, wave 1)
    Optimus Dlx (dlx, wave 3)
    Thrust (dlx, wave 4)
    Wheeljack (dlx, wave 5)
    Hoist (dlx, wave 5)
    Starscream (mega, wave 1)
    Megatron/Galvatron (ultra, wave 1 & 2)
    Jetfire (ultra, wave 2)
    Tidal Wave (ultra, wave 3)
    Optimus Prime (super)
    Unicron (supreme)

Granted, it's not the greatest entries in TF history for the most part, but there was some decent stuff.
    Wheeljack was okay, deluxe optimus was okay, Tidal Wave is pretty cool (although I liked the Energon colors better), demolisher has his charm, and jetfire isn't without merit, but the rest disappointed me.

You're right, though. Minicons kick ***. Mini-Cons and Unicron made the line worthwhile.

But when I tell you that RID and Alternators are two lines that still bring me joy, you can understand how Armada can be so underwhelming to me. But Energon and Cybertron have been better suited for me. Loved the Energon Combiners and Cybertron's just a general winner between the collector side of me and the kid inside of me.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Oh, Armada is definitely underwhelming, I felt totally betrayed when we first saw the Hot Shot and Cyclonus designs, I just felt that Armada wasn't *all* bad - my list of Energon and Cybertron "goods" are way bigger.

Check out Ben Yee's photo gallery and review of the Matrix statue, it lights up!
    http://www.bwtf.com/asylum/matrix/

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wish we had gotten that original Hot Shot proto from waaaay back. That thing was hot. ( Aside from the fact that Aaron Archer told us it couldn't even stand up :P )

The one with real shoulders and a different panel-folding config? It would have been better, no question, but it still suffered from kiddified sculpting so I don't think it would have been the hotness.

Supposedly the wave 2 Titanium Series 6" TFs have been found, Jetfire and Thundercracker.

For anyone interested, it looks like Titan Books is in the process of reprinting the entire Marvel-continuity series, including the UK books!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32723
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Supposedly the wave 2 Titanium Series 6" TFs have been found, Jetfire and Thundercracker.
    'Tis true. They're showing up all over south/central Texas. So far I've seen thundercracker 3 different places, but Jetfire is always long gone.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Interesting to hear that Titan is still reprinting. Of course, most of what they are likely to produce will be medicre. Still, if this stuff is easy to find, I will pick it up.

Thouhts on the Armada comic:
    Bludgeon has died in every appearance. IN the last UK G1 story, he was dismantled by creative misuse of medical equipment. In Generation 2, Megatron dismemebered and disemboweled him.

Glavatron's track record ain't much better to be honest.

The first two-arcs of Armada were the best though, relying less on fan-appeal and more on actual narrative.

Oh, here are some toy reviews.

Legends GF Prime:
    This is a recolor of the Wave 1 Legends Prime. Normally, I avoid same color recolors, especially with a secondary line like this. But, in this case, the toy is worth getting on its own merits. In addition to some excellent engineering (for its size mind you), the paint work on this think is superior to toys that are much larger. While not something to hunt extensively for, it is worth keeping an eye out for if one is out on a toy-hunt anyway, or if grocery shopping (as the Legends line can be found in some grocery stores).
    Grade: A Why not?
    Energon Signal Flare:
    Meh. Not a bad vehicle mode. Not a bad bot mode. Neither is terrible, and neiter excels at much of anything. This is an older toy that I grabbed on a lark from Robozone, as I had a larger order pending anyway. And, the engineering is a bit off, at least on my copy. The body seperates a bit too easily at the central ball-joint (used only while transforming, and adding nothing to to toy's articulation), and the vehicle mode is bit troublesome to peg together. It is not as bad as most Alternators, but it is annoying enough to note here.
    Grade: B/C Grab as filler, but not worth hunting for.
    Cybetron Quickmix:
    The last of Gigalonians is mine! (Unlesss, of course, one counts Galvatron, but who's counting eh?) Anyway, Quickmix is objectively a mixed bag. My initial reaction to this toy was a bit harsher (Monday evening), as I was really hoping for a bit more. But, all told, I do not regret acquiring the toy, so much as I regret the lost opportnities with it. While it lacks the QC issues of Menasor, it also lacks the alien aesthetic of Menasor and Metroplex. (The only QC issue I have is some paint-waer on the mixing-drum.) Quickmix's vehicle mode is just a basic cement truck. If not for the Minicon, this toy could credibly pass as a late-run Earth-line vehicle that was repacked at the last moment. The transform involves some very interesting shifting and pegging, and the robot mode conveys the impression of a large robot, but not quite the scale of what the Gigalonians were supposed to be. The Minicon has a few nice engineering touches (especially int he shoulder transform, but is defintely not meant to stand on its own merits.
    Grade: B/C Worth getting, but should have been a much better toy.

Dom
    -planning to do a "review of the line" for Cybertron soon.

What were the issues you had monday? Based on your comments in email I ended up easily passing up a Quickmix I saw yesterday, I don't regret passing it even though your opinion cheered up some.