Page 126 of 591 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 5907
  1. #1251
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Huh? Yeah it did. X was blown up when its inhabitants tried firing a doomsday device at the Giant Planet, but it malfunctioned and destroyed Planet X instead.
    Here's what Soundwave's box says about it:
    [FONT=Arial]Planet X does not exist. It is a code word linking those who claim no world as their home, a secret society of evil robots whose shadowy goals are shrouded behind a web of deceit. No one knows how many Planet X agents there are in the universe, or who they are. All that is known is that wherever one of these vile robots goes, ruin soon follows.[/FONT]
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #1252
    notes on Planet X. Depending one which source you use, X was either destroyed, or never existed in the first place. Actually, strict reading of both sources reconciles them. Soundwave's box is written in the present tense, implying that the planet does not exist now, but saying nothing about its past existence.


    On the subject of the Defense Team, I am not a big fan of any of them. Scattorshot is the best of the batch, but even so, that is not saying much. They all of aesthetic failing. Redalert has the most idiotically placed seat I have ever seen on any toy (and that is speaking as someone who has looked over a fair amount of late run GI Joe vehicles. A seat directly behind the engines on an ICBM is just idiotic. Hotshot, and to a lesser degree Scattorshot have a bit too much in the way of goofy gun aesthetics. (And, as an aside, I never thought I would see the day when JT would argue TF story context as a defense of a toy. o_0)


    Other points of contention:
    Crumplezone is a big, fast looking TF. And, the seat on him is less obvious. Hotshot, while not a bad toy, really does not epitomize the design aesthetic.

    While reasonable people can disagree about the best of Earth, I ruled out Crosswise due to the overly and annoyingly complex transform. Downshift, while not a bad toy by any stretch (one of my favorites in fact), just does not quite compare to Redalert. Armorhide was another that I strongly considered.

    As for Animatros, the Power Rangers comment is derived mostly from the look of some of the beast forms, mostly Scourge and Snarl. They just look kind of "stiff", especially given the types of animals they are meant to represent. I can almost see some of the Animatros toys blending into an average Power Ranger shelf. (Not having any MMPR toys, I cannot actually test this though.)


    And, to answer JT's final question, I generally have more to praise in Cybertron than to complain about.

  3. #1253
    My response, posted from BWTF forums' version:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom
    On the subject of the Defense Team, I am not a big fan of any of them. Scattorshot is the best of the batch, but even so, that is not saying much. They all of aesthetic failing. Redalert has the most idiotically placed seat I have ever seen on any toy (and that is speaking as someone who has looked over a fair amount of late run GI Joe vehicles. A seat directly behind the engines on an ICBM is just idiotic. Hotshot, and to a lesser degree Scattorshot have a bit too much in the way of goofy gun aesthetics.
    I disagree with everything you just said, and citing the box behind Red Alert's missile as a "seat" even though it's not described as one or has an included minicon to go with it is ludicrous, that's got to be the most asinine reasoning to dump on a TF ever. You know why that "seat" is there? Because it's ON the Scud Launcher that Red Alert is mimicking, it's a part of the gantry holding the missile, the rear launch platform:
    http://www.janes.com/security/intern...ud010426.shtml
    As on these models:
    http://home.comcast.net/~andy-maloney/images/lib/scud/scud-9.JPG
    http://dioramadreams.com/picVEH2CL.html
    http://dioramadreams.com/picVEH2DL.html
    http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/preview.aspx?ModelCode=661

    (And, as an aside, I never thought I would see the day when JT would argue TF story context as a defense of a toy. o_0)
    I never thought you'd use the TF story context in such a dubious way - you're dumping on figures because they come with the Cyber Keys of where they were stationed instead of where they took their alt modes (just like Overhaul, whom you didn't call out for it).

    While reasonable people can disagree about the best of Earth, I ruled out Crosswise due to the overly and annoyingly complex transform. Downshift, while not a bad toy by any stretch (one of my favorites in fact), just does not quite compare to Redalert. Armorhide was another that I strongly considered.
    I like Crosswise's transformation for the most part, so that wasn't an issue I would consider. Poor Armorhide, one of my favorites but I keep forgetting about him.

    As for Animatros, the Power Rangers comment is derived mostly from the look of some of the beast forms, mostly Scourge and Snarl. They just look kind of "stiff", especially given the types of animals they are meant to represent. I can almost see some of the Animatros toys blending into an average Power Ranger shelf.
    I don't have Scourge, so I can't say (though o86 made a different acceptable argument for why he could fit in there regarding his simplicity in beast mode). I find Snarl somewhat dynamic in beast mode thanks to leg articulation, but I can see why you might find it a bit stiff, though I don't see how that gets it to MMPR territory.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #1254
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Here's what Soundwave's box says about it:
    [FONT=Arial]Planet X does not exist. It is a code word linking those who claim no world as their home, a secret society of evil robots whose shadowy goals are shrouded behind a web of deceit. No one knows how many Planet X agents there are in the universe, or who they are. All that is known is that wherever one of these vile robots goes, ruin soon follows.[/FONT]
    Pssh. Box smox. Cartoons is law!

  5. #1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Pssh. Box smox. Cartoons is law!
    Cartoon = doody.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #1256
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Cartoon = doody.
    YOU'RE DOODY!

  7. #1257
    Heh heh, way to go! Cartoon Network buried Cybertron because that's what you do with turds.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #1258
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Heh heh, way to go! Cartoon Network buried Cybertron because that's what you do with turds.
    Ah, but I didn't watch Cybertron, I watched Galaxy Force.

  9. #1259
    McDonald's has TF movie happy meal toys right now

    oh wait, they're Bionicles. my mistake

  10. #1260
    I finally found the new 6inch titaniums and they are indeed much better than wave one. Thundercracker suprises me with how good he is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO