Page 135 of 586 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 5851

As he turned around, Sunstreaker gasped.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    What's so funny about that is that Sunstreaker looks like he's doing something naughty
    Naughty? I don't see what you mean. He's just shining his chrome while he sits by the river looking at his own reflection. Hmmm. Well, maybe this next panel will change your mind...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tasw_page08.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	14658  
    plasticfetish.net

I don't want to be too graphic, but the wax and cloth look a lot like lotion and Kleenex in that pic. Combine with the "heh heh heh" look on his face, and nothing sums it up better than .

"Hey, you, get out of my light!" My guess is this story wasn't written by Simon Furman. It would've been more like, "Nnnnn!! Hey, you, get out of my light!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"Then he pulled out a rag and some wax and began shining his chrome"

Again, nothing to add to that Isobars&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I saw Astrotrain (Classic) in the store today (Wal-Mart). It is the first Classic I've seen. He looked alright but I wasn't tempted to buy him.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Thanks for the links. I think what most of us are stating here is a preference for G1 the way it was shown in the original after-school cartoon and our long-time dream that a live motion picture would embrace exactly that conceptualization of the Transformers that we relate to the most.

That sum it up guys?
    It would if this were the movie thread, but it's not so no.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    I've been uploading videos for weeks now. Here's the first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8koEocLY4
    How come they've got a bored-looking white kid in that commercial?

Be vigilant, apparently YouTube has already taken down that Powered Convoy one once for some claim of terms violation (maybe Takara complained) I had to track down a different link for it.

The small pilots in the Diaclone line are an even more reduced version of Microman figures, which are Henshin Cyborg boiled down. (Just think... it all started as a G.I. Joe knock-off. Ahh, the circle of life.)
    Yeah, those Diaclone figs are "Inch Man", a smaller spinoff of Microman, which came from Henshin Cyborg, which came from Combat Joe. Combat Joe is not a knock-off though, Takara licensed GI Joe from Hasbro back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    On Starscream: In '98, Japan released a solid StarScream in the BW2 line. It may or may not have been the original character. (Reasonable people could argue either case. Likely even Takara is not really sure though.) Oh, and the LoC Starscream was good, as was the Voyager scale StarScream released as a TrU exclusive earlier this year.
    BW2 Starscream is just a repaint of G2 Smokescreen from the Dreadwing/Smokescreen 2pack, BW2 Screamer came with "BB" who is a repaint of Dreadwing - not that I have a problem with G2 Smokescreen though. Also, you didn't mention the Robotmasters version. And I think Chux only wants G1-themed toys so Cybertron/Galaxy Force Starscream no matter how incredibly awesome won't do for him.

As for the factions, not every TF line has had two factions. Beast Wars had 3 factions (Maximals, Predacons, Mutants), arguable more if one counts Autobots and Decepticons referenced at various points on toy packages. And, Beast Machines had 3 factions (Maximal, Vehicon, Dinobots), and the Mutants' packaging references Beast Machines as much as Beast Wars.
    Starscream (spirit) and Ravage being in BW means they had Decepticons in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Opened Classics Astrotrain tonight. He's the first I've been disappointed in. They obviously tried too hard to get the triple-change feature in, but leave the size and construction at the same level as the other $10 "Deluxe" figures. (Deluxe as opposed to what, exactly? Right now, they're the smallest of the line.) While he is still vastly superior to the original, well, that's because the original one really sucked. A simple retooling of the shuttle nosecone on his forearms could've been rather easy and made him a million times better.
    Astrotrain is the one I knew I'd be disappointed in, the pre-release pics told a sad tale. I really like the original, I actually have him, both vehicle modes look pretty darn good, and the bot mode is no lesser than most of the G1 figures with their non-movable legs.

"Sunstreaker was so busy shining himself that he didn't notice that someone had sneaked up right behind him." you guys are all perverts.

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Apparently MP-03 Starscream's booklet comes with an interview with the designer, and Tformers has up an English translation:
    http://tformers.com/Interview-MP-Sta...6672/news.html

I didn't realize this was the same designer as the Macross Valkyrie and G1's Diaclone entries.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That was a great interview and it was very interesting to see who designed my toy that's coming. I can't wait to get Starscream! Still no charge to my account, but I have been notified that he's shipped - though that's open to interpretation.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    By any objective measure, Beast Wars is the best TF television series. (This is as much a function of the other series being lackluster as BW being great though.)

Dom
    agreed. but if we're talking about toys, G1 is better than BW. a lot of them look too unwieldy in beast mode. Dinobot, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    How come they've got a bored-looking white kid in that commercial?
    I know... weird really. It changes once you get into them a little more. The Microman commercials are 100% Japanese. (So jealous of those damn kids.)

Be vigilant, apparently YouTube has already taken down that Powered Convoy one once for some claim of terms violation (maybe Takara complained) I had to track down a different link for it.
    I have pretty much every commercial Takara made back then. Just found the Battle Convoy one that you've seen. (It's number 62 on my disk of 71. I think I'm up to about 20 so far... though I skip some because they're duplicates.) Go in and check out all of the files that I've uploaded.
    plasticfetish.net

DVD Prime is going to shelfwarm. Hard. It will only appeal to adults, and adults who frequent the toy aisle already knew about it and likely bought it when it was first released in 2004.

The local WM has had a carpload of these for over a week. Not a single one was there on Friday that isn't there today.

I saw them sitting there, looked at the package, and noticed the blurb about "This is Optimus Prime as millions remember him." And it occurred to me: why isn't Hasbro promoting the hell out of this thing?

Imagine TV ads targeted at the 30-ish geek, aired during shows and channels that appeal to that demographic (South Park, Family Guy, Adult Swim, and, loathe though I am to say it, Lost or Heroes). Something that's retro-styled to capture the feel of the original commercials, and that incorporates footage from the movie as well (and, obviously, drops the hint that it's coming to special edition DVD). Maybe even a little mean-spirited humor, like a kid in an 80s rugby shirt playing with a vintage Optimus Prime, and some geeky man in a Grimlock T-shirt comes in with DVD Prime and says, "My Prime can kick your Prime's butt."

Just a thought. But, man, at $70, with no new potential buyers even aware of them, these things are going to rot. Sad, really, since it's still possibly the greatest action figure of all time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.